IC40 center blade nearly deteriorated

CavVet

Silver Supporter
Aug 5, 2017
Brownwood texas
My Pentair IC40 has been blinking ‘check cell’ for some time. I’ve cleaned it with the hose and acid according to the instructions. The cell light continues to blink, so I decided to take a closer look.

When I got a bright light and shown it into the cell, I noticed the center blade was over 50% deteriorate. I thought this was perhaps a sacrificial anode; but can’t find any documentation to back this up. For reference, the other blades have 0% deterioration.

Before i I cough up the $600 balloons, has anyone heard of this before? The cell itself is at least 4 years old, but I’ve only been doing TFP for 8 months. I also want to make sure I don’t damage the new cell.

4 years, nice. Mine lasted one season, actually 3/4 of a season, but it was replaced at no charge. Their customer service was decent, unexpectedly. Starting the new one up this week here in MD....hope to get 4 years, that would be a big win.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.