IC20 Red Flow & Salt lights

mizzamouse

Silver Supporter
Jul 10, 2017
Woburn/MA
Hi,

We just opened the pool for the season and our Intelichlor IC20 has a solid red flow light as well as an alternative light on the salt level from good to low (red and green). The manual suggests an obstruction in the cell, dirty filter, closed valves, or insufficient water flow.

1.) I've backwashed twice and cleaned the filter near the pump. The skimmer is clear. I've also rinsed and recirculated the water.

2.) The pressure at the return jets is strong

3.) I've cleaned the cell with muriatic acid and removed all the buildup (there was a decent amount).

4.) I tested the salt levels and it's still below the recommended levels. (working on bringing the levels up). This will obviously affect the salt light, however, I would think the flow light might be a different issue.

The device only has about 2,000 hours on it when running a test.

Anyone experience this before or have any other thoughts?

I have the same problem on a 4 year old IC60, just opened pool last week so really interested in responses to this. I replaced the flow switch yesterday, cell has no buildup, good flow, salt is 3400, water temp is 60F, and still same problem as yours.

I suspect you need to try to replace the flow switch depending on age of the SWG. I likely need to replace my IC60.

Just to update you... my IC60 is now working as it turns out I made a bad wire connection when I replaced the flow switch. The little IDC connectors they give you with the replacement flow switch was bad, my error.

I fixed the connection, flow indicator immediately changed to solid green and then 1-2 minutes later the alternating red/green salt level light went solid green. Even my salt level is now correctly being shown. Try to replace your flow switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.