IC 40 users

tjwaggoner said:
Yes it calls to have a straight run ahead of it. I suspect this is to have as laminar flow as possible as it enters the cell. It wasn't really feasible with my setup though. I don't see any way that it could effect chlorine production though. As someone above said; it's most likely to give the flow switch optimum conditions to give an error free indication. There is a stream straightener in the end of the cell just ahead of the switch also.

Exactly. It's not going to shorten the life, but may turn on and off with turbulence and give you unexpectedly low cl generation.

If it works as-is... Fuggedaboutit

I agree. It's ran for two days now without so much as a hint of a problem. The builder called this evening and will be out either tomorrow or Friday to replace my pump with the 3/4hp so I hope it works just as well with that. I'm not worried though, I think it's going to be fine.

tjwaggoner said:
I agree. It's ran for two days now without so much as a hint of a problem. The builder called this evening and will be out either tomorrow or Friday to replace my pump with the 3/4hp so I hope it works just as well with that. I'm not worried though, I think it's going to be fine.

You'll probably be ok. Like I said, my pump is a 1hp 2-speed, and it has no problems on high speed, but is marginal on low speed... I believe low speed is equivalent to 1/8hp, so 3/4hp should be plenty enough flow to keep it happy, even if it's a bit turbulent.

--Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.