Iaqualink: VSP and solar heater

spartan_n

Aug 17, 2015
ca
Hi,
i recently got a single speed pump replaced with a jandy VSP. it is all hooked up to the iaqualink. I am playing with the VSP speed setup and have few question on how the solar heater is handled in terms of RPM and also how to debug the JVA

1. The schedule and the speed setup is as attached in the pics. will the VSP speed change to the solar heater speed 2750 whenever the solar JVA is enabled due to temp delta between pool and air? or do i need to make any change for it to behave in the way i described? i called up the iaqualinik support but they were not very helpful and said, i should assign an aux to the solar heat in the VSP speed setup but i don't know how to do that..Will try calling them again if i don;t get too far from this thread.

2. how do i test the solar JVA? there is a marked difference in the temp between the air and the the pool and earlier i used to see "solar heating " message in the iaqualik app which i am not seeing anymore, and neither is the JVA in the solar heat position. I tried manually setting the switch below the valve but it does not do anything. has it gone bad. any other debug steps?

Screenshot_20191005-162032.jpgScreenshot_20191005-162058.jpgScreenshot_20191005-145401.jpgIMG_20191005_134023.jpgIMG_20191005_145411.jpg

Not sure if this will help, but here are the steps I would check:

Assign the Solar JVA in the System Setup->Assign JVA. Pick an empty Auxiliary there.

Give that assigned Aux a useful name (I like using the Custom label option) in System Setup->Label Aux.

Then in that VSP Setup screenshot you posted, you can click on the field in the last column of the row for Solar Heat, where it currently says "N/A", and select the correct Aux from the list. Be sure to hit SAVE.

Thanks for the reply.
how do i " Assign the Solar JVA in the System Setup->Assign JVA. Pick an empty Auxiliary there. " i see the below screen and when i select solar and aux 7, the select button does nothing
1570492748961.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.