iAquaLink still down for anyone?

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
My iAqualink automation has been showing offline for the last couple days. I saw a maintenance notice today that said it would be back up by noon or so eastern but it’s 6pm and still down. Nothing has changed with my WiFi or set up otherwise. Just wondering if anyone else still having trouble as of today 3/27/18?

Weird. I didn't get the message on my phone. Also saw no message on the website from my laptop. Or maybe I just wasn't watching close enough, since it's always so predictable and reliable. :) At least now I know that messages come through that way, so thanks for your post.

I went through several of my reboot steps to isolate the problem (kill the app, power off the IQ20, different browser on the laptop....) Was about to reboot router when I saw your post. FWIW, ours came back on without touching the router.

The email came from Zodiak.

Planned Three Hour iAquaLink™ Server Maintenance
We will be conducting maintenance on our iAquaLink server for three hours on Tuesday, March 27th, 2018 from 8:00am to 11:00am EST.
During the maintenance window, iAquaLink devices may temporarily go offline (a red dot on the ‘My Systems’ screen, or ‘offline’ in the iAquaLink Owners Center). If anyone needs to interact with a product

I never got an email from Zodiac on this issue last week (not in Spam folder either). I did talk to Zodiac, and they shrugged it off as the notification list being so large that some of us were probably dropped. That's a lousy but predictable corporate explanation.

The iAqualink system was down again today, and still no emails, spam or not. But at least I am seeing the message pop up in the App.

View attachment 74440

I have to kill the App to see the message pop up again. Also, the status dot next to the pool name is usually green and stayed that way until I logged out of the app and logged back into the App, when it turned red. Just thought I'd share this behavior.

Zodiac did talk about rolling the outage, and that is also what I am seeing. My access is back on through the laptop, but still no access from the App, though it is after 3pm est.

This seems ridiculous to me that we're relying on "the cloud" being up to be able to operate our pools. I was never really given the option of a hardwired controller and now I'd like to get the spa fired up and I'm not 100% sure I can do everything I need to do from the power center. All of the smarts is in the the panel/controller and the app. Why on earth would someone architect it to require a server up and running somewhere.

Honestly I thought the reason why the web app looked so amateurish was because it was running local on some embedded processor.

Does the Pentair solution work this way too?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree - very frustrating. My wife and daughter want to use the spa, and they blame me for this because I'm the techie in the family (they're starting to understand that it's out of my control, but that doesn't make them any less angry, and I'm still a convenient target - lol). I don't remember any alternatives to iaqualink being offered in 2014 when I had my pool installed. Maybe they were available, but I certainly didn't know to ask.

It has been down for hours and hours now.

I wish I could write some code to control the system from my local network like I do with all my lights, security system, thermostats, etc. - and/or integrate it into a larger commercial house-wide home automation package. Really irritating that this is a completely closed, vendor managed system. But much moreso when it's broken! If I had known about this in 2014, I would have definitely considered alternatives.

I've heard talk on here of other units that do the same thing, but are more accessible and can be controlled locally. Every time I start researching those, it seems like I can't find any. Does anyone know of alternatives like that?

Honestly I thought the reason why the web app looked so amateurish was because it was running local on some embedded processor.
yeah - if only that were true...

I tried calling their support number, but it says it's after their business hours. Their website has a (very detailed) form you can fill out and request a response that you can expect within 24 hours. I didn't bother with that since it's obviously something bigger than just me - I was merely hoping to get some information from them to try and learn what to expect.

Anyway, I went out to the panel and put it in "service mode" and then I was able to turn on the spa and the heat and the light (looks like I'm limited to just the white light, but I'll live). Once it warms up -- and I guess we'll have to dip our toes in to guess the temperature -- there's a button for the air blower, too, so at least there's a workaround and the wife and daughter will leave me alone :).

Hope they get the web service back up soon. Who knows - maybe they're upgrading it to allow for local control (I can dream.. :) )

I really do hope someone will pipe in with an alternative system suggestion if there is one.

This is the second time in a month that I've been happy to have inherited an older install and a OneTouch.

The Spa-Side Remote (p/n 7441) is a less expensive option to address manual spa start-up when iAqualink is down. Depending on how you program the buttons, you may be able to put a water feature and/or some light options on there too. One other advantage of the spa-side remote is if you have kids jumping back and forth from pool to spa, they can activate all the spa functions themselves (versus your phone or computer.)

There is also the SpaLink 8, but I have no experience with it.

Last edited:
I looked again - they make a serial port adapter called the Jandy 7620 - kind of pricey for something like that I think but whatever. Also, looks like it has to be located indoors (!) and you have to figure out how to get a less-than-25-foot serial cable run between it and the main control panel. Anyway, I'll give it a shot. If it exposes everything that the iaqualink system does, then it's probably what I should have gotten originally.

I looked again - they make a serial port adapter called the Jandy 7620 - kind of pricey for something like that I think but whatever. Also, looks like it has to be located indoors (!) and you have to figure out how to get a less-than-25-foot serial cable run between it and the main control panel. Anyway, I'll give it a shot. If it exposes everything that the iaqualink system does, then it's probably what I should have gotten originally.

Please report back if you give this a try.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.