iAqualink questions

CGNY

Apr 28, 2018
NY
Moved from Here

I installed the iAquaLink 2.0 today. All went well with the install, I was able to connect it to my Wifi router and all 3 lights are lit on the device- it took maybe 15 min. I then spent the next 2 1/2 hours trying to get the iOS app to connect to the device. I must have hit the red dot "refresh" around 200 times. I then discovered the Owners Center and after logging in via the web there was my device! Active and communicating! incredible!!

So I have a few questions:
  • Why am I able to connect via web browser but not iOS app? On iOS app I tried logging off and back on, I tried removing the app and reinstalling. I even changed the name of my device on the web and it changed the name in the iOS app so I know I am logged into the same account.
  • The Web interface basically mirrors exactly how my Jandy Touch Screen looks and works EXCEPT for the icons that I expect to appear on the 2nd row from the bottom. In the Web interface, If I navigate to "Menu->Customize Home" I see all of the expected icons- yet when I go back to Home they disappear. Is this the expected (uh.. sloppy) behavior?
CG

EDITED to add photo below

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 6.35.15 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi CG,

Hopefully someone will come by who has seen these problems, but I'll just chime in to get the conversation started and give your post a bump. Regarding your second question:
The Web interface basically mirrors exactly how my Jandy Touch Screen looks and works EXCEPT for the icons that I expect to appear on the 2nd row from the bottom. In the Web interface, If I navigate to "Menu->Customize Home" I see all of the expected icons- yet when I go back to Home they disappear. Is this the expected (uh.. sloppy) behavior?

I'm surprised there are not default buttons showing in your basic iAqualink web view, but have you tried programming the buttons on that Customize Home screen to "fix" it so it shows on the Home screen? Select the Item in the list and then select the button to assign it. There is no Save required.

Also, I've not seen the "Jandy Touch" before (different than my Jandy OneTouch, though irritatingly similar naming by Jandy!) Are you using both that and the iAqualink, or does the iAqualink replace the Touch screen for you? It looks to me that you can use them both at once, since there is a "Touch" programming button in the System Setup. Is that something you did set up?

Rich,

Can't remember what mine looked like when it was new but I think I added buttons from the setup under Menu. I have android and my wife has apple iphone. Both phone apps look the same. Sounds like your phone is not logging in properly. Try turning off your phone wifi. This will force it to use cell data. This should help determine if it's a local network connection problem. Below are a few screenshots from my laptop using the web connection.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

Here's what I have under the web tab:

If you click "Menu" at the bottom you get the setup page. There are a LOT of configuration options:

Dodger, Rich D & Setsailsoon:

Thanks so much for you helpful responses. So this morning I decided to relocate the iAquaLink from outside by the pool equipment to indoors closer (very close) to the WiFi signal. I tapped into the the same 4 color wire that connects to the Jandy Touch Screen and I must say the web interface appears to be a bit less laggy.

So thanks to all 3 of you mentioning setting up the icons I was able to get the 2nd row from the bottom icons setup!! I had just assumed that because it was already setup on the Jandy Touch Screen the web interface would inherit the same settings.... not true.

So my remaining issue is that I still can not get the iOS app to connect. Rich you had suggested turning off the WiFi on one iOS device, great suggestion, it was actually one of the first things I tried before posting to this group, I even tried installing the iOS app on another iOS device- same issue no connection.

I will reach out to support on Monday and update this thread. Thanks to all 3 of you and special thanks to the group moderator for moving my post for better exposure to the group members.

CG

The saga continues. I think I may have a bad unit. Home Screen icons only stick for a short time and then disappear. After that I need to reset the unit (either by cutting power to the Jandy control panel or by toggling the Ethernet/ WiFi switch inside the iAquaLink). Without a reset there are no icons showing in the "Customize Home" area which prevents me from....well.... customizing the home area.

More to come.

CG

Mystery solved! I have a rev. QQ CPU chip!

Rev. QQ will only work partially with iAquaLink 2.0. Despite multiple warnings that the iAqualink needs rev R or later I had just assumed that I had rev. R since my install date was over a year AFTER rev. R was introduced. The Help screen on iAquaLink or Jandy Touch Screen will show the iAquaLink revision- in my case QQ!!

Thank you to all in this group for helping.

CG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mystery solved! I have a rev. QQ CPU chip!

Rev. QQ will only work partially with iAquaLink 2.0. Despite multiple warnings that the iAqualink needs rev R or later I had just assumed that I had rev. R since my install date was over a year AFTER rev. R was introduced. The Help screen on iAquaLink or Jandy Touch Screen will show the iAquaLink revision- in my case QQ!!

Thank you to all in this group for helping.

CG
Thanks for the follow-up. This will be helpful in the future. Are you going to be able to upgrade the CPU chip?

Chris

When you figure out a source and how to replace please let us know for others that may have this issue.

Thanks much!

Chris

I am pretty sure you could just get the IQ20-rs kit which includes the new version chip. I think that would be the cheapest way. Make sure you get the right one (ask Jandy). The board in that kit is available separate but not sure it would save you anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.