iAqualink - Can't Connect To My WiFi Network

isergy

Jun 21, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I replaced my old Apple wireless network with an eero wireless network today. I gave the new network the same name and password. Once it was up and running all my smart home devices (Ring, Nest, Alexa, Sonos, etc.) connected to the new network except...iAqualink.

I have had to reconnect iAqualink to my wifi network several times in the past. I know the drill. Unscrew the faceplate. Toggle to switch from wired to wireless to reset. Find iAqualink in the Wi-Fi page under Settings. Choose my network, enter password, done.

Well...this time no matter how many times I try it just won't connect to my wifi network. Status stays red in the iAqualink app. I refresh like crazy every time I reset it. I've tried about 20 times. My network is fast. I keep checking it with Speedtest just to make sure it's no a network issue. I am currently getting 350 mbps at the pool equipment.

Only one other thing I can think of to share is...when iAqualink asks me to choose my wireless network it shows up multiple times. (See Picture/ My network is called "Summerfield Wireless") I have tried selecting each appearance several times but nothing works.

I have even tried Manual WiFi Setup several times with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2360.PNG
    IMG_2360.PNG
    363.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
What was your old DHCP address range and gateway IP and is it the same with your new setup?

@PoolGate ideas?

What was your old DHCP address range and gateway IP and is it the same with your new setup?

@PoolGate ideas?
Not sure. That question is a little above my pay grade. ?
Even if it doesn’t see the old network...that’s okay, reconnecting should solve that problem...but it’s not.

i did find a thread online:

n
138d
I just helped my neighbor this weekend get his aqualink working with eero. It was an issue with Eero secure. It blocks it from talking to the zodiac servers. We ended up connecting the aqualink to the guest network and it started working.”

See if connecting to the guest network works.

Could be IP addressing issues, could be WIFI password and encryption issue. Clearly Eero and iAqualink don’t work together well.

Can you go back to your Apple wireless and return the Eero? There are other WiFi networking products that may work better for you m

Not sure. That question is a little above my pay grade. ?
Even if it doesn’t see the old network...that’s okay, reconnecting should solve that problem...but it’s not.

i did find a thread online:

n
138d
I just helped my neighbor this weekend get his aqualink working with eero. It was an issue with Eero secure. It blocks it from talking to the zodiac servers. We ended up connecting the aqualink to the guest network and it started working.”
I got it to work. I deleted the iAqualink app and redownloaded it. When it redownloaded it looked like a newer version of the app. I keep automatic updates on so don’t know why it didn’t update. Also...not sure if it’s connected to my main network or my guest network...but I’ll find out.

My guess is the issue was the WiFi cipher you are using. I had this exact issue with mine when Verizon sent me a new router. If I remember correctly I changed the cipher around until it connected again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same problem hooking up to my Eero, and finally contacted Fluidra. Here’s their response:

“It will be the Eero that is the root cause. I've looked at their tech support information regarding the workaround we have for creating the guest network and as of now, they do not support splitting the network like that. What you can do is get a standard dual-band router, wire that to the Eero via ethernet cable and use the dual-band router's WiFi signal.”

I purchased the cheapest dual band router I could find, installed it and, voila! The IAquaLink connected to it just fine. Now everything works!

I had the same problem hooking up to my Eero, and finally contacted Fluidra. Here’s their response:

“It will be the Eero that is the root cause. I've looked at their tech support information regarding the workaround we have for creating the guest network and as of now, they do not support splitting the network like that. What you can do is get a standard dual-band router, wire that to the Eero via ethernet cable and use the dual-band router's WiFi signal.”

I purchased the cheapest dual band router I could find, installed it and, voila! The IAquaLink connected to it just fine. Now everything works!
Everything has been working perfectly for a good month now. iAqualink is connected to my eero guest network. Seems like everything was a bit wonky with eero at first but over time everything is now working great.

I tried all of the above and none worked for me until I tried something I did not see in this thread. No idea if it will work for you. In the Eero app I went to Settings then Troubleshooting. Under Troubleshooting select My Device Won't Connect. Bottom of the screen says Temporarily Pause 5Ghz. This gives you 10 minutes on 2.4Ghz only. Connected the Aqualink to my Guest Network and IT WORKED! I do not know if it will do the same for the non-guest as it is connected and I am not going to play with it unless it disconnects. 5Ghz is back on and I am still connected. As a sidenote I connected with Security turned off. I have since turned back on and did not lose connection. Maybe this will help someone else. I did try the use a 2.4Ghz Access point before this and it would not connect that way either.

I’m glad I found this thread via Google search. I’ve been using an old Eero mesh network for a few years now and haven’t had any issues with connectivity to the iAquaLink 2.0. Recently, I upgraded to an Eero Pro 6 network, which is when the iAquaLink lost its connection. Our pool contractor said the iAL is fine connecting to 2.4 gHz networks but notorious for not playing well with 5 gHz networks. But Eero is dual band. I followed the most recent post that suggested temporarily disabling 5GHz via the eero app, and also connected to the guest network (Eero also allows this with a toggle in the app). The iAL connected, and once 5GHz was back, it continued to work. I’m responding to give this thread more search relevance, since this seems to be the answer that works and clarifies Eero capabilities. Thanks!

I'm struggling with this as well. I unplugged my other two access points and disabled 5G. When I went into the iaqualink setup, only one network was listed vs 3 when I did this the first time. It tried to connect for a few seconds than the Web light went out and I never got a notification on the eero of a new device added. I will try a again later but at first pass this didn't seem to resolve my issue. Were there any other settings that needed changing? Anything in the Eero labs? I did not use the guest network, I tried to connect to the main network. Is there a significance to using the guest network. Looks like it uses the same settings besides password as the main network.

I replaced my old Apple wireless network with an eero wireless network today. I gave the new network the same name and password. Once it was up and running all my smart home devices (Ring, Nest, Alexa, Sonos, etc.) connected to the new network except...iAqualink.

I have had to reconnect iAqualink to my wifi network several times in the past. I know the drill. Unscrew the faceplate. Toggle to switch from wired to wireless to reset. Find iAqualink in the Wi-Fi page under Settings. Choose my network, enter password, done.

Well...this time no matter how many times I try it just won't connect to my wifi network. Status stays red in the iAqualink app. I refresh like crazy every time I reset it. I've tried about 20 times. My network is fast. I keep checking it with Speedtest just to make sure it's no a network issue. I am currently getting 350 mbps at the pool equipment.

Only one other thing I can think of to share is...when iAqualink asks me to choose my wireless network it shows up multiple times. (See Picture/ My network is called "Summerfield Wireless") I have tried selecting each appearance several times but nothing works.

I have even tried Manual WiFi Setup several times with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I recently experienced a loss of connection to my iAqualink 2.0 controller after upgrading to the Cox Pavilion Gateway Router/Modem. The new gateway uses only WPA2 security. The iAqualink 2.0 uses WPA. After many attempts to resolve this issue, I installed a TP-Link N300 range extender (TL-WA855RE). It uses both WPA and WPA2 security. It cost less than $20.00 on Amazon. After installing the extender and completing a manual link with the IAqualink 2.0, the system works better. With the gateway upgrade, the webpage for controlling devices loads much faster.

Here’s the fix; unplug all eero units you have from the power except the gateway. In eero app go to settings, troubleshooting, my device won’t connect 2.4ghz this will give you 15 minutes of only 2.4ghz band.
Now do the toggle Wi-Fi/wired in the iAquaLink few time to clear memory, and continue to connect as usual, if you don’t have wiring or hardware issue with the iAquaLink, you’ll get connected.

Gear head mechanics, its not rocket science, don't let the "black box" effect intimidate you just because you can't see the gears turning inside.

Wifi is radio, very much like walkie-talkie. I know we all grew up trying to make cheap walkie-talkies work when we were kids. Same problem here: inadequate antenna lengths, poor signal strength, won't go through walls very well, very limited range even via line-of-sight. I'm saying that even if you do everything else correctly, there is a very good chance your Wifi transceiver & iAqualink transceiver have trouble conversing simply because they are separated by too many walls or too much distance.

Since you are having trouble with this topic, I will hazard a guess you never bothered to ensure your Wifi transceiver was centrally located between all the "rooms" of your house, including your patio "room" and pool equipment pad "room" and fire pit "room". Step #1 is to think about that, experiment with it, and do the diligence.

If all else fails, try installing a "Wifi repeater" between your Wifi transceiver and pool pad area. That has an extra sensitive receiver to pick up signals from your Wifi transceiver & pool pad transceiver, AND an extra strong transmitter to send signals to your Wifi transceiver & pool pad transceiver, so it can fill the void.

Gear head mechanics, its not rocket science, don't let the "black box" effect intimidate you just because you can't see the gears turning inside.

Wifi is radio, very much like walkie-talkie. I know we all grew up trying to make cheap walkie-talkies work when we were kids. Same problem here: inadequate antenna lengths, poor signal strength, won't go through walls very well, very limited range even via line-of-sight. I'm saying that even if you do everything else correctly, there is a very good chance your Wifi transceiver & iAqualink transceiver have trouble conversing simply because they are separated by too many walls or too much distance.

Since you are having trouble with this topic, I will hazard a guess you never bothered to ensure your Wifi transceiver was centrally located between all the "rooms" of your house, including your patio "room" and pool equipment pad "room" and fire pit "room". Step #1 is to think about that, experiment with it, and do the diligence.

If all else fails, try installing a "Wifi repeater" between your Wifi transceiver and pool pad area. That has an extra sensitive receiver to pick up signals from your Wifi transceiver & pool pad transceiver, AND an extra strong transmitter to send signals to your Wifi transceiver & pool pad transceiver, so it can fill the void.
Or, its a known and documented issue with mesh wifi networks and various devices that use older 2.4Ghz wifi technology. There are ways to get your point across without sounding condescending. On top of that, you missed the absolute #1 reason their device isn't able to connect.

This thread is super old, why even reply?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.