iAqualink 3.0 pump speed question

I opened a case with Jandy, here is what they told me.. Bummer...

The type of computer system your automation has is a PDA. With the PDA focused around the handheld device, the web will have limited functionality, and it will only display the equipment being off or on.

I opened a case with Jandy, here is what they told me.. Bummer...

The type of computer system your automation has is a PDA. With the PDA focused around the handheld device, the web will have limited functionality, and it will only display the equipment being off or on.
Oohhhhhh you have Aqualink PDA with the IQ20a antenna package. Yeah that is near worthless. You do ALL programming from the PDA then. You should be able to change those settings through the PDA. Upgrading is easy you can get a new board on eBay fairly cheap to have a full Aqualink RS system. You just need the small daughter board.

Oohhhhhh you have Aqualink PDA with the IQ20a antenna package. Yeah that is near worthless. You do ALL programming from the PDA then. You should be able to change those settings through the PDA. Upgrading is easy you can get a new board on eBay fairly cheap to have a full Aqualink RS system. You just need the small daughter board.
Oh cool... So is this what I would need? Jandy iAqualink CPU REVISION T.2. RS 8 P O S. | eBay

Here is what Jandy told me.. My only concern is I might run into warranty issues if I try to do it myself.

this is something you'd want to discuss with your service technician (the internal CPU chip would have to be changed).

The part number for the CPU chip you would need is R0466802, this would convert the system over from PDA to RS.

If you need assistance locating a local service company, use this link
https://locator.fluidrausa.com/en

Here is what Jandy told me.. My only concern is I might run into warranty issues if I try to do it myself.

this is something you'd want to discuss with your service technician (the internal CPU chip would have to be changed).

The part number for the CPU chip you would need is R0466802, this would convert the system over from PDA to RS.

If you need assistance locating a local service company, use this link
https://locator.fluidrausa.com/en

If you go with a "service technician" your cost will go from $400 (used board from ebay) to $1500 (or more). Up to you I did mine myself it is pretty simple like 20 minutes at best. Is your unit still under warranty? I think it only comes with a 2-3 year warranty anyway.

I question part # "R0466802". I think you need Pool and Spa. That is P or S. What is your exact PDA model? Check here-> https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodia...tion.pdf?rev=a29c1dfaa0774ac29b83400b57cec4be

Last edited:
If you go with a "service technician" your cost will go from $400 (used board from ebay) to $1500 (or more). Up to you I did mine myself it is pretty simple like 20 minutes at best. Is your unit still under warranty? I think it only comes with a 2-3 year warranty anyway.

I question part # "R0466802". I think you need Pool and Spa. That is P or S. What is your exact PDA model? Check here-> https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodia...tion.pdf?rev=a29c1dfaa0774ac29b83400b57cec4be
Yeah mine is still under warranty. Pool build was completed about 5 months ago.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Who cares. Mine was under warranty also I did it a month after installation because my builder screwed me over. Your choice.

Do you have or know of any install guide for this board? I searched here and youtube but did not really find anything. Curious to know what I am up against before buying the part. Again thanks for all your help!!

Do you have or know of any install guide for this board? I searched here and youtube but did not really find anything. Curious to know what I am up against before buying the part. Again thanks for all your help!!

Honestly you don't need an installation guide. I have one somewhere though since mine was new. You pull off the old board and connect the new board in its place. It only goes in one location and only fits one way. For configuration you only need to match up the aux ports with the JVAs. You write it down before you remove the old board. And if you forget, no biggie they are easy to figure out. I did not write my old ones down no troubles at all matching them. Once you power it back up, you'll have an RS system instead of PDA based. You can then sell your PDA and antenna (~$500) or keep it as an on/off only device. You will no longer program though the PDA. Your programming from that point will be through the web interface (computer or app).

Here is my old board. This is the only thing you need to replace.

1660670140871.png

Hi there - I don’t mean to hijack this thread but I’m wondering if I’m in the same boat :).

My pool is new (2 months old) and I have a remote for it and phone app. Web interface has been sufficient so far (only use it to change the SWG percent) and the iAquaLink app lets me turn on and off all my devices and change my temps.

Is there any big reason to switch to PS over pda if I can toggle on/off anything I want through the app? I am very technical (work in it) so always want the latest tech 😂

If I do switch to PS will be handheld remote no longer work ?

Some relevant pictures attached. If you suggest it’s worth it I might fight the PB on upgrading me. The contract said I would be getting “RS-PS4 AND iAQUALINK 2.0 & IQ20RS WEB CONNECT KIT” - did they give me something lesser/cheaper? I paid to upgrade to a PS8 later to have more devices and the addendum says “change to automation PDA PS8”.

Attachments

• ECB34341-80CD-4519-AF5C-D9B603513D95.jpeg
    ECB34341-80CD-4519-AF5C-D9B603513D95.jpeg
    547.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 25A3B0FF-A64F-45D5-9E0A-D4ADFFED0EEB.jpeg
    25A3B0FF-A64F-45D5-9E0A-D4ADFFED0EEB.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 5CFF6468-ED8D-459E-9315-F8B5E4137253.jpeg
    5CFF6468-ED8D-459E-9315-F8B5E4137253.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 5
  • E981721D-AD28-4FD0-AE92-C903E008A5E2.jpeg
    E981721D-AD28-4FD0-AE92-C903E008A5E2.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 02CDAA35-61D5-44BB-9A87-D67BDC53AC92.jpeg
    02CDAA35-61D5-44BB-9A87-D67BDC53AC92.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 5
  • D63F608F-D451-4C91-8131-05509C89D5E2.jpeg
    D63F608F-D451-4C91-8131-05509C89D5E2.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 5
Yep you were supposed to get the RS and not a PDA. You could probably trade your PDA and antenna for the RS board.

The difference between PDA and the RS is the RS is web enabled and programming is done via the web interface. You can still use the PDA but it will change functions to just be able to turn things on and off.

Major differences are with RS system you have full control of the pool via any web browser. Also Jandy can take control of your system for any configuration help. You also have an Alexa skill with the RS. Detractors are if your internet goes out you'll only have limited control of your system and can't change scheduling while the Internet is down although existing schedules will continue to run.

Cool thanks - I’ll look into seeing if they are willing to swap it :). It’s not a huge deal as I don’t see myself needing to change configs much too often.

I’m gonna try to get the Alexa skill going with what I have now though. Curious if it’ll work with what I have. Since the app works I’d expect Alexa too as well

Cool thanks - I’ll look into seeing if they are willing to swap it :). It’s not a huge deal as I don’t see myself needing to change configs much too often.

I’m gonna try to get the Alexa skill going with what I have now though. Curious if it’ll work with what I have. Since the app works I’d expect Alexa too as well
I don't think it does since the skill needs to interface with Jandy online and the PDA can't do that.

My iAquaLink app can toggle stuff on and off over the internet though. I tested by turning my phones wifi off (so it goes over cellular) and turned on and off stuff via the app.

The other thing you get with the full RS system is the ability to use the iAqualink app on any Android or iOS phone or tablet. While the app interface is only so-so, there is the web button on the app screen and that gets you the same web interface on your phone or tablet.

I bought a cheap $60 Amazon Fire tablet when it was on sale and I use that as a dedicated poolside / spaside remote. If it should fall in the pool then I’ll just replace it. For the price it’s the cheapest piece of pool equipment that I have. I don’t have any Jandy control panels, only app based phones and tablets.

In my opinion being able to use the app on any device is the real advantage between the RS system the PDA system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.