iAqualink 2.0 issues

homesteadpool

Mar 19, 2019
new jersey
Hi all! My PB came today when I was not home and installed the iAqualink interface module and left all the information by my door. The hand held remote that used to work now doesn't work (which he said is how it goes?) and that now I can control it from my phone. I set up the wifi and now all I can do from my phone is turn everything on and off. There's no way to control any schedule or anything like that. Does anyone know how I go about programming the schedule? It's running on the schedule my PB set up prior and I wanted to see what that schedule is and change it if need be. Any help is greatly appreciated!

On your phone while in the app, can you see the word web, if so push that and it will take you to a different screen where you can set everything up. If he didn't leave you instructions go to the Jandy website and look under iaqualink

On your phone while in the app, can you see the word web, if so push that and it will take you to a different screen where you can set everything up. If he didn't leave you instructions go to the Jandy website and look under iaqualink

When I do, it just brings me back to the main screen where I can’t do anything other than on and off

Attachments

• 5CF29CA3-65C0-49C9-8C65-BADF69C5077C.png
    5CF29CA3-65C0-49C9-8C65-BADF69C5077C.png
    513.9 KB · Views: 16
Have you tried the "Log In" or "Sign Up" process from the App?
Or did you PB create an account?

Yes, I set up the WiFi part. The little modem thing he hooked up and left the box for me to set it up. So I followed the instructions and set it up to wifi. All my options show up and it works to turn them off and off, but nothing for a schedule

Attachments

• C2B9DC62-2E59-4899-B383-CA4622959E85.png
    C2B9DC62-2E59-4899-B383-CA4622959E85.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 8
Okay, something is wrong. I would call the PB back to make sure the Web option works. All scheduling is done from the Web option that isn't showing in the upper right of your App.

Also, I'm not sure it sounds right that your remote is no longer operational. Feel free to tell us about which remote it is (PDA?) and someone with a similar setup can advise.

Okay, something is wrong. I would call the PB back to make sure the Web option works. All scheduling is done from the Web option that isn't showing in the upper right of your App.

Also, I'm not sure it sounds right that your remote is no longer operational. Feel free to tell us about which remote it is (PDA?) and someone with a similar setup can advise.

I’m wondering if it was something he hooked up wrong?

Yes it’s the PDA it came with the system and then when I said hold on this was supposed to be controlled WiFi he said he just had to switch out the little modem piece with the antenna and so he did that to the iAquaLink 2.0 - and he said now your remote won’t work thigh and he was right it won’t connect when I turn it on. He removed the modem piece with the antenna that it had before that worked with the remote and switched it to the WiFi one

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you got screwed. It sounds like he "upgraded" you with the IQ-20a package instead of the IQ-20RS package. If so, you MUST use the PDA to program everything and the phone will be just to turn things on and off. I am not sure why he removed the old antennae that needed to stay so your PDA would still work. See picture below that piece should have been replaced with the RS version of that board. If he did not replace that board, then your system is still PDA based. Sounds like he did not know what he was doing. If you have the PDA antenna still, you can just plug it back in and your PDA will work and be your programming center. The main RS replacement board (below) is another $500 or so. My system started as PDA only like yours and with the IQ20-RS upgrade I now use the OneTouch, PDA, web and smartphones. My builder also screwed me though and did the IQ20-a upgrade (it is cheaper for them) but when I called Jandy they took pity on me and sent me the RS upgrade board for no charge.

20180702_143530.jpg

If you feel comfortable doing it, take your front cover off and look to the upper left in the box. Do you have the Multiplex expansion board? Perhaps your builder ran out of slots to plug things back in. You can connect 2 devices into each of those positions. If you have your PDA antenna still plug it into that.

See pic below it is the upper board.

20190503_111637.jpg

I think you got screwed. It sounds like he "upgraded" you with the IQ-20a package instead of the IQ-20RS package. If so, you MUST use the PDA to program everything and the phone will be just to turn things on and off. I am not sure why he removed the old antennae that needed to stay so your PDA would still work. See picture below that piece should have been replaced with the RS version of that board. If he did not replace that board, then your system is still PDA based. Sounds like he did not know what he was doing. If you have the PDA antenna still, you can just plug it back in and your PDA will work and be your programming center. The main RS replacement board (below) is another $500 or so. My system started as PDA only like yours and with the IQ20-RS upgrade I now use the OneTouch, PDA, web and smartphones. My builder also screwed me though and did the IQ20-a upgrade (it is cheaper for them) but when I called Jandy they took pity on me and sent me the RS upgrade board for no charge.

View attachment 113409

Shocker. My PB has been an absolute nightmare. He took the PDA antenna so I have no way to use that. To fix this so the whole interface works on my phone I need that RS replacement board?

Under my contract, it was to be a Aqualink RS system - then he installed the PDA I think which if I'm right are two different things? Then he tried to say well I have to pay if I want the phone hook up (which was supposed to have been already in the contract it says Aqualink RS system for remote control of system) and we went back and forth because we have e-mails discussing phone connection and then so he said fine and installed the antenna for the wifi and took the other one and now I can't control anything.

Yep - Aqualink RS and Aqualink PDA are different. With the PDA system, the PDA is primary and is used to make changes. With the RS system, the rolls are changed and the Web/SmartPhone are now primary. But you can upgrade easily. He did the first part by putting in the WiFi antenna. That is the IQ20a part. The 2nd part is the RS board.

You have the exact same issue that I had. So first thing you need to get that 900Mhz antenna back for your PDA to work. Funny he took the antenna and not the PDA. The PDA is like $500. The antenna is fairly cheap. It is nice to have the PDA but once you are fully on the RS system you will not really use it anymore. Then if you want the full RS you need the board I mentioned above. He should provide that but again, I had the EXACT same issue with my builder and called Jandy tech support who was kind enough to send one.

Yep - Aqualink RS and Aqualink PDA are different. With the PDA system, the PDA is primary and is used to make changes. With the RS system, the rolls are changed and the Web/SmartPhone are now primary. But you can upgrade easily. He did the first part by putting in the WiFi antenna. That is the IQ20a part. The 2nd part is the RS board.

You have the exact same issue that I had. So first thing you need to get that 900Mhz antenna back for your PDA to work. Funny he took the antenna and not the PDA. The PDA is like $500. The antenna is fairly cheap. It is nice to have the PDA but once you are fully on the RS system you will not really use it anymore. Then if you want the full RS you need the board I mentioned above. He should provide that but again, I had the EXACT same issue with my builder and called Jandy tech support who was kind enough to send one.

You have been SO helpful! So to be clear, the actual system of the Aqualink PDA is different from the Aqualink RS not just the way you control it - like my panel says "PDA" on it (attached a picture). On the one side though of the door it says RS PureLink (pic attached).

I want to make sure when I talk to my PB I am right in what I'm saying so I can get this fixed the right way! The contract reads Aqua link RS wireless system - so before he tries to charge me more money for things if he installed the wrong part to begin with it helps me get this correct broad installed without having to pay even more for it.

Thank you so much

Attachments

• 463697EC-97BD-4D46-B567-C3B4500732C7.jpeg
    463697EC-97BD-4D46-B567-C3B4500732C7.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 8
  • A686886D-DFEB-4BC2-8712-BAE5F1E79518.jpeg
    A686886D-DFEB-4BC2-8712-BAE5F1E79518.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.