iAqualink 2.0 issues

You have been SO helpful! So to be clear, the actual system of the Aqualink PDA is different from the Aqualink RS not just the way you control it - like my panel says "PDA" on it (attached a picture). On the one side though of the door it says RS PureLink (pic attached).

I want to make sure when I talk to my PB I am right in what I'm saying so I can get this fixed the right way! The contract reads Aqua link RS wireless system - so before he tries to charge me more money for things if he installed the wrong part to begin with it helps me get this correct broad installed without having to pay even more for it.

Thank you so much

Correct. They are different with different prices. Did you talk about a PDA when you initially signed the contract? Aqualink RS does not include the physical PDA. See below chart.

Also to be clear, you don't need anything replaced accept for that small board that I pictured above. The basic system is the same just the control board inside to make it RS vs PDA. Everything else can stay.

Correct. They are different with different prices. Did you talk about a PDA when you initially signed the contract? Aqualink RS does not include the physical PDA. See below chart.

No, the PDA was never discussed. We discussed in depth controlling the pool from my phone and being able to turn the hot tub on at dinner etc. He said it was $1,500 less if we opted not to go with the wireless system. When he installed the PDA I said wait this is supposed to be a “wireless remote system” and he goes oh yeah this is your remote- when “remote” was not meant as a physical remote when we discussed it but rather being able to control it remotely via WiFi.

The contract says clearly RS system. He’s being real shady by trying to say “wireless remote system” is meaning we would get a physical remote when he knows full well that was NOT what we discussed. I had no clue you could even control it from your phone- he was the one who sold us on the whole thing. Same with selling me on adding booster pumps to each thing so that I could turn them each on from my phone.

Knowing the PDA system and RS system are different and the RS system doesn’t come with the PDA remote is very helpful!

Here’s my contract where it says RS

Attachments

• 0F00213A-0A08-4FEA-BC10-1B21F1C5E348.jpeg
    0F00213A-0A08-4FEA-BC10-1B21F1C5E348.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 9
The Aqualink PDA is not WiFi either it is 900Mhz. It clearly says "Aqua link RS" on the contract. Aqualink "RS" and Aqualink "PDA" are different. I suspect he doesn't know the difference since it is pre-printed on his contracts! Also I did not see on your contract which Purelink you are getting. Make sure it is the larger 1400 series. I suspect he is going to put in the 700 though. $500 is not enough money for that. If the SWG is already there do you mind posting a pic of it? Did he say he would at least return the PDA antenna? If not just pick one up on ebay.

The Aqualink PDA is not WiFi either it is 900Mhz. It clearly says "Aqua link RS" on the contract. Aqualink "RS" and Aqualink "PDA" are different. I suspect he doesn't know the difference since it is pre-printed on his contracts! Also I did not see on your contract which Purelink you are getting. Make sure it is the larger 1400 series. I suspect he is going to put in the 700 though. $500 is not enough money for that. If the SWG is already there do you mind posting a pic of it? Did he say he would at least return the PDA antenna? If not just pick one up on ebay.

Truth- he seems to not have a clue. He kept saying on the contract it says “remote”’system and kept insisting the PDA was the remote...but then I caught the RS wording. He’s coming Monday morning with the Jandy rep to fix it all. Last night I went to turn on the spa and heater for the first time and the entire spa emptied and heater won’t work and he says it’s the WiFi systems fault- who knows. Monday morning he’s replacing the board to make it work.

Here’s pictures of what he has installed

Attachments

• DAAB081F-270B-4E90-810D-27E3185DAF40.jpeg
    DAAB081F-270B-4E90-810D-27E3185DAF40.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1C743C4F-AD2C-4D4C-8596-1FF822CBB2B1.jpeg
    1C743C4F-AD2C-4D4C-8596-1FF822CBB2B1.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 8
Truth- he seems to not have a clue. He kept saying on the contract it says “remote”’system and kept insisting the PDA was the remote...but then I caught the RS wording. He’s coming Monday morning with the Jandy rep to fix it all. Last night I went to turn on the spa and heater for the first time and the entire spa emptied and heater won’t work and he says it’s the WiFi systems fault- who knows. Monday morning he’s replacing the board to make it work.

Here’s pictures of what he has installed

Very cool you did get the larger SWG. At the minimum you need that PDA antenna or else you won't be able to program it. And at its core, your system is still a PDA system. Only the IQ20-RS upgrade will change it to an RS system. The IQ20a, which is what he added, only ads (very) limited smartphone capabilities (on and off, as you have seen). If you look at that chart I linked above, you'll see the other limitations and features you will not get since it is not an RS system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.