iAqualink 1.0 reprogram

Sep 18, 2012
Lake Nona, Florida
my old 802.11a/b router finally gave up the ghost and a few months later my wife mentioned the pool won't connect any more.
OK easy fix... I need to figure out how to reprogram the wifi connection to the new router. Well... not so easy I find.

My iAqualink is a few year old now and I needed to go dig out a USB type B cable to try to connect to it. I downloaded the tool, pulled everything apart and my Win7 PC thinks the iAqualink network bridge is a mass storage device of some kind and wants to "format" it. The tool hangs at "searching for iAqualink". I'm guessing I originally did this with a WinXP box and now I'm getting some kind of Windoze driver clashing but I just don't know.

Any ideas? If I can't make this work I might try getting a wired ethernet connection over there... though the way the board sits in the box, my cat6 jumpers cannot plug into the RJ45 :(

That is one bad thing about stuff that uses computers :( when they get older and depend on other parts they get outdated so don't work with the newer stuff. I hope you find a fix to this. Here is a bump to see if any new eyes sees it and knows the answer.

I had not thought about security and usb drivers... the entire thing is just a little old and a bit of a pain so I bit the bullet and hard wired it. Working now.

I had been stumped on getting an ethernet jumper out there and really perplexed by how to connect the rj45 and close the cover weather tight - the knock out hinted at in the docs is missing from my plastic housing. I decided to bring the entire thing inside instead. I got some 22/4 pulled it into my attic and down the wall next to my router and relocated the network interface box there using a short jumper to the router. Working fine now for the first time in a long time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.