I'am having no luck raising the PH in my pool.

Sep 26, 2014
Oro Valley, Az.
No matter how much acid I use, it doesn't go any higher than 6.5. My pool is pebble tech with a SWG and is 12,000 gallons. I live in Arizona and pool temp is at 80 degrees I used 2 different pool testing kits to test the water. Last summer I had a problem with black mold from high nitrates, drained enough water to reduce the nitrate level. I use Leslie pool acid. Thanks for your time
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't list a test kit in your signature, so I do hope you have one.

Test your TA. If it is below 50, use Pool Math to calculate home much Baking Soda you need to get it to 50. Add this to the pool with the pump running and circulate for atl least 30 minutes. You may have to repeat this step multiple times until you see the TA begin to come up.

You TA is 50, good - now we will attack the pH

Test you pH. I'm going to assume 6.5 is the lowest number on your tester, so use Pool Math to calculate home much Borax it will take to get from 6.5 to 7.3. Add the Borax and circulate for 30 minutes. You may have to repeat this step multiple times until you see the pH begin to come up.

Borax is available as 20 Mule Team® Borax Natural Laundry Booster. It is sold in the laundry detergent section of most larger grocery stores and some big box stores. Borax is best added by pre-dissolving it in a bucket of water and then pouring that slowly in front of a return.

I had a friend do this and it took us six boxes of Borax to get the pH back up after we got the TA in range.

Reactions: edif30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.