Cause of calcium deposits on the pool tiles?

Lorena44

Aug 13, 2022
Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I'm hoping to get help on an issue I'm having with the calcium deposits that we are getting on our pool tiles. According to the poolmath calculator, I think the chemicals are all within range, which is what's causing me to be confused as to why this is happening.

I use the Taylor pool test kit. Here are this afternoon's readings:

FC: 6.5
CH: 275
TA: 70
CYA: 40

Should I increase the CH to around 350?

Also, what can I use to remove the staining on the tiles? I've tried baking soda w/vinegar but no luck.

Appreciate all the feedback I can get at this moment! Thank you.

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 26
Is that a spillway or a waterfall? Hard to tell from far way. Also what are the materials other than tile in those areas?

It is a pebbletech pool and the area is close to the spa spillway. The only other material around the area is the travertine pavers.

Attachments

• IMG-2486.jpg
    IMG-2486.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 10
It’s just the pool water running over the travertine and picking up calcium from the travertine and from the grout. It redeposits the calcium as scale on the tile. Your pool water is fine. You can’t try a light application of dilute muriatic acid and a stiff nylon brush to remove it. Over time it will build up and you’ll need to have a pro come out and bead blast it.

It’s just the pool water running over the travertine and picking up calcium from the travertine and from the grout. It redeposits the calcium as scale on the tile. Your pool water is fine. You can’t try a light application of dilute muriatic acid and a stiff nylon brush to remove it. Over time it will build up and you’ll need to have a pro come out and bead blast it.
Thank you! I will try a light application of the MA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.