i9+3 not communicating following lightning strike

ProH2O

Jul 28, 2021
Baton Rouge, LA
I had a lightning strike that knocked out a handful of things in my Sanus rack inside the house. It also took out the variable speed controller on my variable speed main pump. After repairing the pump, and replacing the Pentair IntelliTouch Protocol Adapter in the rack, I am unable to manage the devices or access controls. I suspect that the COM ports on the board are bad - because the low voltage stuff always gets whacked first - and contacted Pentair. Their techs could see the Network Protocol Adapter, but could not see the panel. My home automation vendor is not a pool equipment vendor - they simply sync my Elan Home Automation brain to the different native systems... Need to file a supplemental claim with State Farm, but no one in my area seems to have the knowledge and licensing to supply and replace/repair the board. Any recommendations on how to get this issue resolved?

Welcome to TFP.

What board do you think needs to be replaced? The IntelliTouch mother board?

@ogdento knows his way around the IntelliTouch.

Replacing the IntelliTouch board is not difficult and you an probably do it.

Where are you located? Put your location
<--- here in your profile.

You're probably right about the comm port... But to make sure, try connecting one thing at a time so devices won't interfere with each other. Here's a reply I just wrote regarding a swcg cook issue, but the concept is the same for all of it...

Post in thread 'Pentair interior remote panel not working, and intellichlor has no power to it' Pentair interior remote panel not working, and intellichlor has no power to it

The comm chips can be replaced on the outdoor main board
-Tom

Oh boy, I'm dealing with similar issues. Did you get your system up and running? I had a lightning strike in July. Completely fried the Intellitouch motherboard, a relay, heater motherboard and control pad. Most aren't hard to replace, just a little patience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.