I want to switch from Hayward Swimpure to Pentair Intellichlor

Tinaja

Jul 15, 2013
When my equipment was replaced this past fall, I did not want to replace the swg because it was so expensive and the Swimpure was okay. Now after seeing how it works with Screen Logic, I really wish I had it. When we finish paying off the new pump and controls, I am thinking about getting the Intellichlor 40.

It may sound petty but I don't want to add another box to my fence where the EasyTouch is mounted. My understanding from previous posts is that if I get the Intellichlor, it is integrated into the EasyTouch and there is no need for another box to hang on my fence. I know I won't need the power box for this reason. I don't see any other extra boxes that hold controls. Am I right? Because the people at *the pool store* said I need an extra box to control it, which bumps up the price a lot.

I guess I should just say...what needs to happen to do this?

Appreciate the input...Jim Rhabe helped me with these kind of questions previously.

As you had installed an ET without a SWCG, the power center for an Intellichlor is not integrated into the ET. So you will have an extra 'box' which is the power center for the SWCG. The ET will still control the Intellichor.

Take care.

T,

If your EasyTouch did not come with an Intellichlor SWCG, then it does not have the internal parts to power or talk with the cell... You can't just buy the cell, you will also have to buy the power center, which comes in a separate box...

The simplest thing to do is to just mount the power center right next to the ET and connect them with a couple of wires.. If you know someone that has some electrical background, they could take the "guts" out of the power center and remount them inside the ET.. Inside the power center is a large transformer, a power supply board, a connector for the cable from the cell, and a fuse. It is not like you can just take these parts out of the power center and just plug them into the ET.. Someone would have to Kluge things together...

Whether internal or external, once installed, the operation of the Intellichlor using ScreenLogic is exactly the same..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I wish I had known this at the time I bought the equipment. I thought it was possible to just add it on at a later date. I am really, really disappointed. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.