I want to replace a Hayward PL-PS-8 with Zodiac Aqualink RS

Feb 11, 2014
Gulf Cost
I have a pool in Galveston and a pool in Houston. The Galveston Pool has the Aqualink RS, which is much easier for my family members to operate than the Hayward system. It also has a more economical and reliable remote operations capability for my application. The Houston Pool has a Pro Logic PL-PS-8 driving a Masterflow 400 heater with temp sensor, 3 GVA-24 motor valves, 2 WhisperFlo pumps (1 HP water feature and 2HP filter), a Polaris 3/4 HP booster pump, a standard pool light and a standard spa light. I also have a cooler fan (never used in 5 years) and a spa blower connected to it. I do not have a salt-water setup in either location. No auto chlorinators either, just an in-line holder downstream of the filter for 3-4 pucks that can be manually adjusted at each location.

Everyone in the family is able to understand and use the Zodiac pool controller, whereas no-one but me can operate the Hayward controller (yes I am an engineer)

If I pick up an Aqualink RS will any/all these Hayward devices plug and play with it?

Also, if I can pitch it, Is there any way to get some salvage value for the a working Hayward PS-PL-8 controller?

Thanks!

T,

I am not an Jandy guy, but as long as the new Aqualink has at least 6 relays (I'd get 8) you should be fine.. Most basic automation systems control 4 valves and either 4 or 8 relays.

Let's see if one of our Jandy guys can chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Everything should work fine on an AquaLink RS8. You have no VS pumps and no SWG. Valve actuators are standard and interchangeable.

You going to DIY the install?

Everything should work fine on an AquaLink RS8. You have no VS pumps and no SWG. Valve actuators are standard and interchangeable.

You going to DIY the install?
Yes, that’s the plan. I have a backup plan where my pool guy sends out his controller expert to clean up my mess. Would Love to find a used but not used up Aqualink RS8.

Yes, that’s the plan. I have a backup plan where my pool guy sends out his controller expert to clean up my mess. Would Love to find a used but not used up Aqualink RS8.

You aware that Jandy does not give any warranty on equipment bought through the Internet and not professionally installed?

This Jandy Limited Warranty does not apply to Jandy branded products purchased through the Internet or other e-commerce platforms, with the exception of Jandy branded valves less than three (3) inches in diameter, parts, and pool product accessories. This warranty applies only to products installed and serviced by a contractor who is licensed and qualified in pool equipment by the jurisdiction in which the product will be installed, where such state or local requirements exists. In the event no such state or local requirement exists, the installer and maintainer must be a professional with sufficient experience in pool equipment installation and maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.