I want to purchase a Robot pool cleaner, I have my eye on the Dolphin Nautilus CC refurbished @ 499.00

m a hanson

Apr 25, 2021
Central New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I like the reviews on the Dolphin Nautilus and I need to buy something quickly, as I have some trees that are near the pool and the debris clogs the skimmer pretty quickly. I see alot of mentions of Dolphin Pool Robots in TFP and would like some feedback. It seems to be in the right price range for me , and the refurbished units have a 1yr warranty on them. Any thoughts? I have a 16x32 rectangular pool with steps at the front. Will pull the trigger later today.

That is essentially the S200/Pentair Warrior SE/Active20. So for a refurbished model, it should work fine.

New ones go for about $699.

That is a great robot and I'd buy one at that price in a heartbeat - even rebuilt so long as it has a new cord.. We're building right now and I'll look for this in a year or so. Had a Pentair Warrior SE (another identical branded version of the one you mentioned) previously and it was fantastic. If for some reason you end up with the SE remember automation mode is not documented in this version but it works the same as all the rest.

Chris

I ended up buying the Dolphin Cayman as it has a 50' cord, and will clean the pool edges too. My electrical outlet is about 10' from the steps of the pool, and I wanted to make sure it reaches the deep end. The price difference was only 40.00 and I like the filter basket being on top. The price is about 30% off because it's an open box item, since I'm new to the pool robot scene, I'd thought I would start out with a less expensive model and can determine the pros and cons during the season.

Thanks for the follow up and please keep us updated on how it works out.

Chris

I ended up buying an open box Cayman model, because the cord was longer, at 60'. I was't sure the robot would be able to reach the furthest part of the deep end as my electrical box is 10' away from the front of the pool. This morning I gave it a good trial run, and it did really well. He had a bit of an issue climbing my three steps, but I ended up brushing any dirt to the pool bottom, I did notice he was on the lowest one on the second cycle. (had to do a second cycle, as I had alot of debris on the bottom. ( Lots and lots of worms, piles of them) But overall I am happy with the little guy. I plan on another cycle tomorrow with a longer run time, as I was getting used to the system, which will remove the remaining tiny bits left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.