I think I'm making progress with my SLAM. How much longer?

bostonpool

May 29, 2017
Worcester, MA
Hi folks:

Just restarted my slam yesterday. Today it seems I'm losing FC much less quickly than before. I have a salt water pool with CYA of 80. So my target SLAM FC level is 31.

I ended up overshooting FC this morning and brought it up towards 40 by accident. (Poolmath always seems to tell me to add more than I need.)

Regardless, I only lose 1 PPM per hour throughout the day. I had 36ppm at 3:30 PM and was then at 33 ppm at 6:30 PM. That's pretty incredible given it was during the day (although it was a cloudy day.)

I reached target FC of 31 right at sunset. So I added a bit more liquid shock to bring up my levels a few PPM for the night (I don't want to dip below 31 overnight.)

I'm hoping now that the sun is down I don't lose any FC overnight. BUt the realistic side in me says I have a day to go.

Thoughts? When you are at this point how much longer does it typically take?

Thanks,

Yep, the end is always the hardest for me because I'm not seeing visible results like in the beginning. Keep at it; you likely have a day or two left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.