I think I broke something

Maddawglyfe

Jul 17, 2020
Raleigh, NC
So I was rushing this morning trying to get the cleaner going. I started everything up and vacuum was going good. I noticed it stopped so I flipped the top of the pump to filter or some setting so I can grab the vacuum and check got stuck line needles. Turned it back on and there was less pressure/ sucking power. And now rinse sends water out of the backwash hose.

Rinse always sends water to waste.

You should not change the multiport while the pump is on.

You should not vacuum directly into the hole in the skimmer.

You probably have debris stuck in the line and maybe in the pump impeller.

Rinse always sends water to waste.

You should not change the multiport while the pump is on.

Even if the basket in the pump housing was catching debris?

Water fills up the basket area its just not entering the pool with the normal amount of pressure.

Should I wait on the gasket purchase
- close the water valves
- disassemble all that i can to check for debris? I find it hard to believe that anything large enough to cause issue would make it past the basket but hey this is my first year actually trying to open a pool.

Even if the basket in the pump housing was catching debris?
Debris can get stuck in the pipe going to the pump.
Water fills up the basket area its just not entering the pool with the normal amount of pressure.
Probably debris clogging the pipe.

Make sure that the pipe is clear.

If the pipe is clear, check the basket and the impeller.

Make sure that the pump is off at the breaker before checking the impeller so that the pump does not turn on while you are checking the impeller.

Unless you are losing water when the multiport is set to filter, it's probably ok.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was asking was it possible to find the gasket in a hardware store or was it a online order?
A pool store should have one. A hardware store won't.

Water is supposed to go out of the waste line while the multiport is set to Rinse.

I would not worry about the gasket unless you are losing water when the multiport is set to Filter.

Debris can get stuck in the pipe going to the pump.

Probably debris clogging the pipe.

Make sure that the pipe is clear.

If the pipe is clear, check the basket and the impeller.

Make sure that the pump is off at the breaker before checking the impeller so that the pump does not turn on while you are checking the impeller.

Unless you are losing water when the multiport is set to filter, it's probably ok.
Gotcha I ran a snake down the skimmer hole and found no blockage the water fills up basket area pretty quick. i will check the impeller

The skimmer line goes down into the ground, over and then back up.

So, you have (3) 90 degree elbows.

You probably have debris stuck in one of the elbows.

Even if you could get a snake all the way to the pump, that doesn't mean that the line isn't partially clogged.

You probably need to push water from the pump to the skimmer to try to dislodge any debris.

The multiport gasket might be going bad. It wouldn't hurt to check it at some point, but it's not the reason why the flow is low.

Reactions: Maddawglyfe
Alright so some kind of way the wagon wheel (gate) lower part didn’t match the top. When I took off the top of the filter the lid/ lever hole didn’t align with the lower assembly. Gaskets where fine. The only think I can think of is since the pump was on high and I went to flip the lever without thinking! The water pressure may have spun the gate while I have the lever pressed. Either way I think it’s good now. I have the gasket in the way but nothing big enough to clog the pipes should be able to make it up the MX vacuum. I would suspect that it gets jammed up before that happens. I checked pipes and pump and all was clear. I will tackle installing the CircuPool SWG tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Glad that you got it figured out.

:goodjob:

Double check the amount of salt.

Did you say 780 lbs?

What is the pool volume and dimensions?

What is the current salt level?

Thanks for the update.

Glad that you got it figured out.

:goodjob:

Double check the amount of salt.

Did you say 780 lbs?

What is the pool volume and dimensions?

What is the current salt level?
33" round about 48 inches. I have the K-1766 kit to check salt. As well as TF-100 for other pool chem. I plan to check the levels. When i first got the pool last year they only give you 1 bag of salt with the perma salt system. So I shouldn't have much even with naturally occurring salt

For 33 foot diameter and 48" deep, I get about 25,600 gallons.

If the salt is 0 and needs to come up by 3,000 ppm, you would need 643 lbs.

Check the salinity and adjust from there.

Add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the amount and retest after full circulation to make sure that you don't add too much salt.

Brushing is important to get the salt fully mixed in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.