I need to change my manual motor starter

Eric1980

Apr 26, 2020
Quebec , Canada
Hello all , I need your feedback

I have an Jacuzzi Magnum 1500 pump for my in-groud pool. My timer is not installed outside next to my pump. My timer is installed in my house next to the braker box . So I can't not easily turn on and off the pump when servicing the filter. So it was this ALLEN-BRADLEY 140-MN-1000 that I used to on/off the pump easily . This manual motor starter was installed next to my pump outside, but the starter is not working anymore. I don't want to buy the same thing , because it's hard to find and expensive.The only reason why it was installed , was because the last owner of the house was an electrician and it was easy for him to find this item at a low cost . What do you recommend me to buy as an alternative to this ?

Thanks , and sorry for my bad english it's not my first language.

unnamed.jpg

Hey ajw22 , wow thanks. Exactly the thing I was hoping for. Here some pictures and a pic of the pump data plate. The Siemens WNAS2060 is suitable for the kind of pump I have ? I hink yes , it's 60A and the pump 14A ?

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Sans titre2.png
    Sans titre2.png
    514.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Sans titre4.png
    Sans titre4.png
    162 KB · Views: 4
The Siemens WNAS2060 is suitable for the kind of pump I have ? I hink yes , it's 60A and the pump 14A ?

Higher amp rating then what you need is fine. Should last a long time.

Perfect Thanks . The only downside is that the Steel enclosure of the WNAS2060 doesn't seem to be waterproof and he is too big tu put in in my actual waterproof enclosure . Maybe I could unscrew the switch(like on the picture ) from his steel enclosure and try to fix it in my actual box (don't know if it possible ) ? What do you think .

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
Those switches are used all the time for air conditioning shut of. If you don’t like that one shop around for another that you think will work better in your environment. Lots of choices out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.