I need help BIG TIME... FRUSTRATED

If your FC is holding overnight, and it sounds from the last 2 pages of posts like it is, don't worry about the .5 CC. As long as it doesn't get higher, don't worry about it. PH is okay, I'd leave it alone for awhile and see what it does.

CH you do want to add that - you want it to be at least 220 for fiberglass.

Happ :wink: y swimming!

I am having trouble with a CYA. The black dot just doesn't disappear. I am adding muriatic acid according to the chart. My question is... how long after adding the muriatic acid (liquid) do I need to wait until I check my levels again? Also, since I am adding liquid form how long do I have to wait until I can backwash?

Any help is appreciated!!

Jamie

I am very new to this also, but I think adding muratic acid will decrease your pH, but will not help your cya which I think is OK, according to your last cya posting.

I, also had a lot of trouble knowing when I was "not seeing the black dot". But the only adjustments for cya is draining/refilling to decrease cya and adding cyanuric acid to increase cya from what I remember reading here on this forum. I know one can adjust the pH down with muriatic acid.

Can you give more info about what you are doing?

I think I have finally cleared up my algae problems starting up! (Knock on wood) The green is gone, it is cloudy but all the chemistry is excellent. I got slowed down because I did not listen to the "keep at shock levels very frequently, I only checked and adjusted the chlorine 1x daily for a couple of weeks and nothing ever got better. I did it right and it took 24 hours to see dramatic improvement!

We are finally getting there, this was all new to me this year also. :cheers:

Just ignore my last post. I was running out the door and wanted to type it real fast and typed the wrong thing. I finally got the CYA down from when I first opened the pool a few weeks ago. Believe it or not I did have to raise it... which I will not check for a few more days. My kids have friends over EVERY day not just one or two I always have at least 10!! Plus we had a big party on the 26th so I did loose a lot of water and had to have my water guy come and fill us up. I have to say that my pool has NEVER looked better than what it has this year!! I think I finally have everything under control thanks to all the help from this site.

Sheloveswater.... let me tell you... When I opened the pool this year and got frustrated with the pool store and found this site once I understood everything I stayed up for 2 nights and shocked every hour on the hour!! The stores thought I was an idiot walking out with a buggy full of clorox. You can not believe how hard it is to find the large containers of bleach this time of year around here!! Good luck with your pool... it sounds like you are on the right track. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.