I Need Advice

Reed Kadavy

Silver Supporter
Nov 22, 2015
Gilbert AZ
We’ve lived in a home in Gilbert AZ with a fully automated pool/spa for eleven years. Recently we looked at a home with a pool/spa that was built in the year 2000. It is totally manual operation with a sand filter and three separate pumps for the pool, spa, and a waterfall. Would it be possible to scrap all of the equipment in favor new? I’m not sure with the underground piping all going to individual pumps. I currently have a 3 hp VS pump and was hoping that would work to control everything in this pool.

Anything is possible. (y) A 3 HP VSP should be able to support a set-up like that. Of course some creative plumbing work may be required at the pad once the old equipment is removed, but it should be a reasonable conversion. If you are serious about moving forward you might consider listing any additional info about the existing equipment (pool size, valves, plumbing size, etc) and perhaps post a pic or two of the area. Lots of folks here who can help give you a road may ahead.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Yes. Depending on how the original pool builder plumbed everything when he was designing. There is really no need for a filter on the water feature depending on how the hydraulics were setup. Wouldn’t know unless someone went out onsite. There should only be 1 filter needed for pool and spa combined. You would still need the separate water feature pump, and depending on how the spa jets are plumbed in you may also need the spa jet pump to create more bubbles/jets in the spa.

Thanks for a vote of confidence. I don’t think I could live with a manually controlled pool after having one that is automated. If we pursue the home I will post some pictures. I would then need to find a reputable contractor in the Scottsdale area to make the changes as it’s not a job for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.