I need advice on leveling my ground.

I set the top ring on the ground thinking i could level the ring ...but i ended up doing what you said. I only used the ring to mark where my 16 pavers would go. I used the water level trick and it seems to have worked great! The pool is MUCH better than last year, i'm going to finish filling and take a few shots of it and post them here :) Thanks again for the help from everyone!!

Any pics of your water level? Did you give up on the board mounted level? In for your pics as well, congrats!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Any pics of your water level? Did you give up on the board mounted level? In for your pics as well, congrats!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I will have some pics of the water level soon...i'm still remaining very very optimistic and we're VERY close to being full!! I did, in fact, give up on the board mounted level....i used a water level on the pavers. and then 'filled in the dots' for the rest...i did use a smaller 2x4...maybe 5' long to help scrape the center down....and i'm very pleased with the outcome. I really had to calm myself down, and slow down to get it right. Last year i was so excited to get it up and running the floor was really wavy and you could feel it while inside the pool. I made sure to relax, take many breaks and get it much, much better this year :)

Thank you everyone for all of the support!

-swimmin' soon in Raleigh, NC :)

here are a few recent pics...

So here, i got the foam out that we used last year. I had to pull off a layer of thin plastic that was on the foam board because it was halfway falling off and I didn't like the way it looked. I also rinsed it all of with a hose and tried to clean as much of the leftover tape glue as i could. I used gorilla tape last year, and for anyone that has used it...knows....its some great stuff. So i wasn't able to totally clean the glue. I used 'Duck" brand heavy duty outdoor tape this year....it took several layers per seam, and i actually used a bit of foil tape on spots because it didnt seem to want to stick.
pqiBbSo.jpg

ok, ...skip forward almost a week...we took our time filling this year, doing only and hour or two per day....i stood on a stool to get this shot lol, i'm not right, its ok, i'm aware...
Glsd889.jpg

ok ok...this isn't high enough...
9l1y2V1.jpg

maybe if i get on the roof?....
qqVFjsp.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now don't pick....i know its pretty redneck lookin'....I can't help the way i was raised lol I intend on cleaning it up and working on a small deck probably after the swimming season is over this year. Don't want to rush things, thats when I really make a mess!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nate + Great Job I would say, and I'm hoping my turns out as good as yours. Tomorrow I go and get the transit. My plan of attack (and anyone correct me if I'm wrong), is this. Working from the low side (using that paver as my base is) making sure each paver is the same height. If not then I will adjust accordingly. My next question is (since his my first pool putting up), what chemicals to use? If anyone could give me a list and where I can purchase them that would be helpful.

You guys who suggested the bunyip are cool. I used it to prelevel before spending money on a laser level knowing it would take me more than one day to level. I was only 1/2" off on 2 areas using the bunyip. Corrected it. Then filled pool and it's was maybe 1/4" off. I paid $12 in bunyip parts.

To PA Girl your right! Using a transit was painless and easy once you got the hand of it. I empty all my water out, using the transit, I picked out my highest ground and made the rest like it using pavers. Again filling up my pool, I've noticed that the whole pool is level. Good Job! I believe my post on leveling can be closed now. Thank you all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.