I need a cover lifter...suggestions?

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
I'm new to hot tubs I came home with a nice freebee a few weeks ago. I started setting my spot up over the weekend so planning ahead. Cover that came with it is not gonna cut it and wrong color....changing to grey caninet. Regardless it has no lift assist. I see rollers, swing always, hydraulic lifters etc. Can some of you seasoned hot tubbers steer me in a direction. Thanks in advance

When i was shopping hot tubs back when the hydraulic ones seemed nice. I liked how they didnt add much and were fairly out of the way. I ended up with a smaller tub that didn't need one.

That vanish xl is slick. How does it attach to the cover, is the cover reinforced just for this lifter?

Yes it is slick, so long as it is installed carefully with the mechanisms mounted parallel to each other (my installer didn't cut the snap-in molding on the tub surround, which then acted as a shim and bowing the arms out. We re-did the work ourselves, being mechanically inclined DIY types). The arms attach to the top using 3M automotive mounting tape. That's perhaps the only downside... when the time comes to replace the cover, that'll be a pain to deal with.

That same manufacturer also makes a pretty interesting looking hard cover. I've wondered if that'll be our next cover. Right now when we winterize the tub, we put plywood and tarps over it to protect it from falling wind-blown branches (70 MPH gusts are common in the winter here).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.