I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had an issue logging in? I have just setup an account for the pool logger and when I get my user Id and password entered I press the login button. As soon as the button is pressed the password disappears and says a warning of error logging in.
Any suggestions?

Use your email address to log in, i am phasing out usernames eventually since they aren't used.

Use your email address to log in, i am phasing out usernames eventually since they aren't used.
Gotcha, thanks!

On the quick calculator link, My test results are 1.5 lower than my required FC. I click the calculator button, enter my target of 20 and it says to add 0.0 oz of bleach to reach your target.
I have setup my my setting but can't figure out why it isn't telling me how much I should add.

Can you tell me more where you mean. What do you mean by 'those pages.' Currently, when you enter a test it redirects you back to the home screen where the buttons are, do you just want to be able to enter notes at the same time as tests?

Would be good to have each of these links to the other logs on each page.
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 7.30.03 AM.jpg
When you click on a link it saves the entered data and then moves to the link you have clicked. e.g. I click on the Test link from the home page. Enter test data, click on the notes link (from the test page), the data is saved and then I progress to the notes page. Just a very minor tweak really...

Gotcha, thanks!

On the quick calculator link, My test results are 1.5 lower than my required FC. I click the calculator button, enter my target of 20 and it says to add 0.0 oz of bleach to reach your target.
I have setup my my setting but can't figure out why it isn't telling me how much I should add.

You don't have your pool size or your bleach strength set up in settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be good to have each of these links to the other logs on each page.
View attachment 63169
When you click on a link it saves the entered data and then moves to the link you have clicked. e.g. I click on the Test link from the home page. Enter test data, click on the notes link (from the test page), the data is saved and then I progress to the notes page. Just a very minor tweak really...

I can do that.

Russell,

My pool water was not as "sparkling" as I am usually used to, so I had to try out your SLAM mode on your app. The option to turn SLAM "ON" with your app made it incredibly easy to perform the SLAM. Though the SLAM only lasted a little over 24 hours before I passed the OCLT, I really did like the option in your app.

Now to be able to add my Spa so that I can test my pool and spa would be very nice to have.

Sorry if this has been covered but is there a local install app for this (rather than the web version) ? An auto log in would be good rather than loggin in each time.

As far as I know there's no native app yet. I'm on iOS and if you visit the site in Safari you can click the share button on the bottom and "Add to Home Screen" to get an easier to use icon that takes you there. There's probably a similar function on Android. It doesn't prompt me to login except once every 3-4 weeks. It's not a bad option in the meantime.

That's odd, if it's not saving your login there there is something going on with your browser. I set the cookies to expire like once a week or longer, so it shouldn't ask you to log in every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Russell,

My pool water was not as "sparkling" as I am usually used to, so I had to try out your SLAM mode on your app. The option to turn SLAM "ON" with your app made it incredibly easy to perform the SLAM. Though the SLAM only lasted a little over 24 hours before I passed the OCLT, I really did like the option in your app.

Now to be able to add my Spa so that I can test my pool and spa would be very nice to have.

Thanks, I just used it on my brothers pool too. It worked well!

Multi pools will come in the future. Sorry I'm not faster with it. Big projects here at my 'real' job lately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Russell,

Thanks again for allowing me to test this app. It is a very exciting time for TFP with a phone app, Pool Math, and a web app, Poollogger.com, being developed at the same time! What an improvement over my old EXCEL spreadsheet.

I wanted to post these questions here so that maybe one of the other testers could answer this question without taking you away from your work.

With the new feature that sends you a TEXT when a test is due...
  1. How often should I be expecting a text? For instance when my FC test was due, I received a text that stated "FC test due". I had to ignore it since I was away from home and could not do the FC test. Will I be texted again? How often?
  2. Is there a way to turn TEXTs off? In other words, if I go on vacation and have someone else taking care of my pool, I do not want Poollogger to constantly text me while I am on vacation.
  3. Is it planned to be able to set up which TEXTs you want? In other words, I would like to be reminded when I am suppose to test CYA, since I do not do that test often, but I would not want to be TEXT'd about FC test, since I do that one everyday anyway.

Again great app. I am loving both of these automation tools. I am sure glad I found TFP!

Russell,

Thanks again for allowing me to test this app. It is a very exciting time for TFP with a phone app, Pool Math, and a web app, Poollogger.com, being developed at the same time! What an improvement over my old EXCEL spreadsheet.

I wanted to post these questions here so that maybe one of the other testers could answer this question without taking you away from your work.

With the new feature that sends you a TEXT when a test is due...
  1. How often should I be expecting a text? For instance when my FC test was due, I received a text that stated "FC test due". I had to ignore it since I was away from home and could not do the FC test. Will I be texted again? How often?
  2. Is there a way to turn TEXTs off? In other words, if I go on vacation and have someone else taking care of my pool, I do not want Poollogger to constantly text me while I am on vacation.
  3. Is it planned to be able to set up which TEXTs you want? In other words, I would like to be reminded when I am suppose to test CYA, since I do not do that test often, but I would not want to be TEXT'd about FC test, since I do that one everyday anyway.

Again great app. I am loving both of these automation tools. I am sure glad I found TFP!

Hey. Thanks for helping test this. Shhh. You weren't supposed to tell anyone yet! Just kidding. Anyways, as it is set up (and I only have a few users on it right now) it will remind you based on your reminder intervals in the settings page. Then you can set the reminder interval for when you ignore the first reminder. And yes, you can turn them off and on. Great idea on turning specific ones off. I didn't have that enabled. I will do something like that after testing. Good idea.

If anyone in the US, on a provider other than Verizon or AT&T, want to test this, let me know as I already have users testing on those providers.

By the way: The app just passed well over 10,000 logs entered a couple days ago!! All from a little project I just made for myself. I'm glad I decided to open it up to everyone. Thanks to all the early users that helped develop ideas along the way.

Since the SMS texting is out of the hat and now been added to the setup, I'm very happy to say it's a very nice addition. I've been helping test the texts for a few weeks and reminders are right on time and help me keep up with my tests. You've done a great job of the quick evolution of this product and make it easy to use from any platform with the same look and feel. Thanks Russell, helping to keep my pool clean and clear couldn't be easier.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.