I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things... I just entered 36 days of testing... a lot two a days because of brand new pool... a suggestion would be a way to enter bulk information, maybe in a format similar to the log.

Also, I am not sure the CSI calcs are correct, as I get different number in pool math.

Import and export features are coming. CSI should be spot on and is for me and others have said the same. Can you give me an example?

I figured out where the error is... its not actually the calculation...

I am trying to screen shot or take a picture of the Test History... the CSI's are incorrect there. If I go back and edit the entry and save, it changes it to the latest number entered (do nothing but hit the edit and resave).

here is a picture... not that the 10-15 entry I went back and did the edit and resave... (the two most current entries on 10-20 and 10-21 are correct).

the prior entries I entered one after the other... and one time.

First of all, I love the app. I am just building my first pool now and was shocked to find there wasn't a decent app out there for tracking your pool chemicals. Then I saw your app. Perfect! I just got my test kit this week and plan to start testing my tap water to get up to speed. So I'll send you some feedback if I come up with any.

Also, I am a software engineer and would happy to help out if you ever need anything. I'm also pretty handy with databases, SQL, network stuff, etc. But it looks like you've got things under control.

Can't wait to start using it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone have the math on this?

The basics are
Bromine = FC x 2.25
Recommended Bromine levels for daily use are about 2 to 10 PPM

Bromine users don't care at all about CYA. I don't know of any reason to track CC either.

To the best of my knowledge all the chemical additions (bleach, MPS, etc) are basically the same as Chlorine but with the 2.25 conversion factor. The ChemGeek posts in the following thread are where most of my info comes from How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?)

very, VERY sweet!! I love it more with each addition.

One suggestion, can you make "Tap Water" a chemical so that we can track water additions / subtractions as well. removal would be a negative number, but in your reporting page, the water removal wouldn't negate any water additions. Want to track that I had to added 500 gallons here, drained 500 cuz it rained, then added 750 gallons due to evap, for a total of 1250 gallons added, 500 removed.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this great tool.

Great idea. I'll try to think of a creative way to do that as I don't think it fits with 'Add Chemicals', so let me think on it.

While I am working on trying to get the design of the app updated. Is there any immediate feature requests anyone has?

Have you decided if you will add water tracking to the logger? I think it will be a useful addition.

While I am working on trying to get the design of the app updated. Is there any immediate feature requests anyone has?

I just registered to take a look. While I may or may not use the app, my method for tracking is to use a spiral notebook to note all things pool related. One way that improve upon my notebook, as it relates to the Notes section, would be to incorporate Pool Maintenance tasks and allowing for classifications by using several levels of dropdowns. For example, dropdowns could inlcude:

Cartridge Filter Cleaning
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
Sand Filter Backwash
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
Sand Filter Deep Clean
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
SWCG Cell Cleaning
Notes

Then there could be a lookup feature by type of maintenance task. So you could quickly see what your history of filter cleanings has been, along with the pressures and related notes.

You could also have an option for Notes/Maintenance Tasks that is "Other" which could then be given a name by the user for their own category which could also be searched upon.

I could see myself creating a permanent Maintenance Notes (which could be a dropdown item) note. This is where I would put information like the ratio of MA to water the I use to clean my SWCG, the process for cleaning my autocover, the socket sizes
for opening my filter, etc.

So basically, a more detailed tracking for maintenance and general notes/data, similar to what you have for the chemical side.

I'm sort of a data-nerd when it comes to stuff like this. While GUIs are all nice and fun to play with, do you have a method for exporting data utilizing tags (like XML Tags or some other other markup format)? Back in my more nerdy engineering days when I was heavy Unix/Linux system user, I would write up quick and dirty command line scripts (awk, sed, grep, etc.) to parse very large text data files that were generated from layout manipulation software (usually from stdout/stderr pipes). Anyway, being a command line geek, it was always a lot easier to parse data that way and create reports of the information I needed rather than searching through a GUI or dumping the data into Excel and trying to find it that way.

Just asking....

Have you decided if you will add water tracking to the logger? I think it will be a useful addition.

Added Fill Water as an option

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sort of a data-nerd when it comes to stuff like this. While GUIs are all nice and fun to play with, do you have a method for exporting data utilizing tags (like XML Tags or some other other markup format)? Back in my more nerdy engineering days when I was heavy Unix/Linux system user, I would write up quick and dirty command line scripts (awk, sed, grep, etc.) to parse very large text data files that were generated from layout manipulation software (usually from stdout/stderr pipes). Anyway, being a command line geek, it was always a lot easier to parse data that way and create reports of the information I needed rather than searching through a GUI or dumping the data into Excel and trying to find it that way.

Just asking....

Yes CSV/Excel export is planned.

- - - Updated - - -

I just registered to take a look. While I may or may not use the app, my method for tracking is to use a spiral notebook to note all things pool related. One way that improve upon my notebook, as it relates to the Notes section, would be to incorporate Pool Maintenance tasks and allowing for classifications by using several levels of dropdowns. For example, dropdowns could inlcude:

Cartridge Filter Cleaning
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
Sand Filter Backwash
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
Sand Filter Deep Clean
Dirty Pressure _____
Clean Pressure _____
Notes
SWCG Cell Cleaning
Notes

Then there could be a lookup feature by type of maintenance task. So you could quickly see what your history of filter cleanings has been, along with the pressures and related notes.

You could also have an option for Notes/Maintenance Tasks that is "Other" which could then be given a name by the user for their own category which could also be searched upon.

I could see myself creating a permanent Maintenance Notes (which could be a dropdown item) note. This is where I would put information like the ratio of MA to water the I use to clean my SWCG, the process for cleaning my autocover, the socket sizes
for opening my filter, etc.

So basically, a more detailed tracking for maintenance and general notes/data, similar to what you have for the chemical side.

I have been looking for the best way to implement stuff like this. Hopefully coming soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.