I just discovered this wonderful place

Could be stronger bleach, but that would not account for such a large difference. Maybe on of the tests was a little off?

I would not worry about it unless it happens every time.

Just an update. I'm getting much more consistent results after doing two slightly heaping scoops of the DPD powder. My guess is the first few tests were under saturated and came out with a lower reading. My latest tests have been showing the drift from 9.5 to 9 to 8.5.

Had to update after tonight's add was pretty close.

ph - 7.6
FC - 8
CC - <0.5
CYA - 60 (didn't retest)
CH - 220
TA - 100

New filter gauge from TFTestkits came in! It's frickin' sweet. Try to look past the installer's pipe work.
cJgoFN2.jpg

I still have some spots on the bottom that are being pretty stubborn. I imagine they'll come up with time.
J1BRZcS.jpg

Otherwise, the water is crystal clear. Looks best when there's some wave action.
CGXfHun.jpg

giKLJ3e.jpg

Thanks for everything, guys! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks fantastic.

I had a similar ladder in my pool and I thought I would offer a little warning. I was having a problem last year with my pool not being as clear as it should and one close call with an algae bloom. I never could figure out the source of the problem until I took the ladder out this year.

The interior of this ladder was full of algae and the source of my troubles. I have decided to change to a different style this year.

Keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.