I have no need for TFP!

'Dood that's your neck of the woods.. go bang on her door
You know the deal being in CA, I could be in 7 other states in the time it took to see all of mine. And our Texan friends...... heck they could travel across Europe and be in Asia whist still being in Texas. Lol.

So, on the "bad examples". The reason us old dudes get paid more despite being slower, costing more to health insurance, being grumpier (this goes along with it 100%*), maybe being not as fun at the company's events--- is---

We have done just about everything wrong that could possibly happen in our jobs (and lives) by age 50. We have also done a lot of stuff right. The "experience" that you gain in life is learning from your mistakes and successes. This doesn't mean mistakes stop when you get older, you just make more careful decisions by default and less mistakes.

*The grumpiness comes from when you're forced to watch someone else repeat your mistakes, despite repeated warnings... trust me on that....

Reactions: JoeSelf and mariane
You know the deal being in CA, I could be in 7 other states in the time it took to see all of mine. And our Texan friends...... heck they could travel across Europe and be in Asia whist still being in Texas. Lol.
The West is remarkably big... you might think it is is a long walk down the block to the Chemist, but that's just peanuts to the American West. :)

My 19 yo kid wants to go to Alaska with a friend.. I asked where.... he didn't know off hand... :) TX is small by comparison.

Reactions: Newdude
I'm not sure there is a bottom to all the information at TFP. I wandered to the TFP Wiki room and started opening up and reading the links listed in the references for a couple individual articles. I relived the experience of getting lost in the endless book stacks on the third floor of the university library. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think I also like the sense of community here, so after my pool is complete and after I learn how to maintain my own pool using the TFP method, I'll still come by to help others and gain more knowledge.

I think you can never know everything about anything, as there is always something to learn. A new scenario may present itself and bam, you're gonna come right back here for help.

I was just telling my wife today after breakfast how awesome everyone here is and how much help and advice they've provided. I plan on becoming a supporter member real soon.

Post pics of those worms! we like pictures!

Here's the thread:

Hi I'm new. 2 days here and I learned an enormous amount of useful stuff. I need this place. I will likely need this place for years to come.

Reactions: Newdude
Due to advice here, I got rid of a UV filter that I definitely don't need with Houston's already brutal summers, saving me $1,000, and future replacement parts. Supporting was a no-brainer.

I can only imagine how much more this place will save me by maintaining my own pool. Pool servicing companies in my area charge about $160-$250 per month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.