I Hate Ducks!!

It took a big thunderstorm to get rid of a pair of ducks who choose my bushes to build a nest in and lay eggs and swim in my pool.

Putting plastic owls around the pool and inflatable swans in the pool maybe worked a bit. Once they imprint in an area they tend to return.

celebrate college football GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mknauss and JamesW
I thought I was gonna have issues with ducks and geese, since I have a pond in my back yard. But the pond must be much more appealing than the pool, because they never bother with the pool.

My cousins use old, colorful soccer balls in their pool to ward off the ducks. They have not had any issues with them since their first season they had the pool. I think they are going on 10+ years with the pool.

--Jeff

Reactions: Mdragger88
String some heavy fishing line overhead. Weave it across the pool several times if you can. They‘ll hit it a few times and then avoid the area because they feel trapped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have ducks, but Grackle season started early this year, and I fight them every year. I fight them on multi prongs, I use scare tape streamers hung over the pool, hanging a dead crow decoy, and the use of an outdoor speaker with sounds that are supposed to scare birds away. They all have some impact, but Grackles are smart and nothing seems to work all the time or forever.

Over the past week or so, when the ducks landed in my pool, I would spray them with a garden hose and they'd take off. I have not seen them in a few days and 'thought' they were gone.

But no.. on the other side of my house, away from the pool, I accidently found a duck and several eggs. Sigh!!!

Looks like I'm going to be a grandfather... :rolleyes:

Here is a pics of the last time this happened at one of my rent houses... The babies got into the pool and could not get out. I tried a net but those little buggers are fast. I finally built a ramp for them to use and herded them that way.

Duck2a.jpg

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.