I Can't Get No, Flipping Suction--Stumped

Niedermind

Nov 5, 2019
Chicago
OK, so opened the pool this year and everything was normal for 2-3 weeks. Then, I suddenly stopped getting suction from the skimmer line. I cleaned all baskets and filters, since that is usually the issue. Still no suction. Assuming there must be blockage in the skimmer line, I used a hose bladder first and then a water ram. Water shot through with no problem and no evidence of debris. Then worried about a line break (even though we weren't losing any water), so we pressure tested the line--held the pressure just fine. So then we thought, maybe its on the pump side, and began to replace all gaskets, seals and the impeller. Pump was new last season and seems to be running just fine. Still no suction. At this point we're pretty stumped. Any ideas?

16 x 40 Viking Island Breeze II, 6 years old, fiberglass, gas heat, salt cell, led pool lights, two deck jets, two pool jets, auto cover

LOL, the second I posted this, we figured it out. The pvc fitting entering the pump basket was sucking a tiny amount of air. Put some putty on and it began working again immediately. The leak did not show during the pressure test because the plug went in beyond the fitting. Face palm. Live and learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.