I cant beleive it! - Pool Maintenance story

Spades

Oct 3, 2014
Riverside, CA
Several years ago, here i was struggling to learn about pool maintenance. I finally got it perfect on my 3rd season (Now onto my 6th). I have a friend that recently got an above ground pool. I explained to him how the chemistry works but i dont think he was even paying attention or cared to learn. I figured just using just calculations based on amount of gallons how much CYA as well as chlorine was needed, and i think he handled the pH part (yeah all by himself). He stuck to my calculations the whole season without ever testing and never got algae... Here i am waiting for him to tell me he got algae and ask "what do i do?" so i could say "I told you so!!" Well last season i get my niece thats pretty much the same story as my friend, didnt really comprehend my explanations,. And here they are enjoying their pool again without ever getting algae... Totally going off of just my calculations, i dont think they even own a test kit!! Its pretty cool to know that TFP methods really works, but man i spent months learning this stuff back in 2014 and struggling with SLAMs and importance of CYA, alkaline acidity, etc...

Just venting, but at the same wanting to say that TFP methods really do work, It really has been great, Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Flying Tivo
The trick is never losing control of your water chemistry. If you keep your pool within TFP guidelines nothing more is needed.

Reactions: sammckin
I don't know what you're talking about...
I was going from clean to green, rinse and repeat, until I found these people that gave me a better way...
My pool has been like THIS ever since, and I CAN NOT THANK the volunteers that are here enough!...
MRBINk4.jpg

I have the same intex robot, love it!
I don't know what you're talking about! How can you tell what cleaner I have on the bottom of my pool through all that CLEAR WATER?
Honestly though, this is my second one, and I WILL get another if needed. For the price, and what it accomplishes, it is WELL worth it!
I have managed to "jury rig" it to work with regular above ground pool returns!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i have the same type of friend. he never uses stabalizer, and every weekend i see him dumping a whole gallon of liquid chlorine in his pool. it drives me crazy. last summer they went on vacation and i thought i would just check out his water with my test kit. nothing what so ever was anywhere close to where it should be. i called him and told him and he dont worry about it, just dump some chlorine in and it will be alright. he never has any algae whatsoever, it drives me crazy. i do everything to the TFP guidelines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.