Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I'm tired of my PVC over the railing shelf and want to build a new one. Pool height, made of wood, about as long as a segment of top rail, narrow. I saw someone post something on Facebook recently that even listed the wood they purchased. It had a hole in the center for an umbrella. I have spent a stupid amount of time searching for that post, no luck. Anyone build something similar and want to share pictures of it?

Something like this? Then try the more like this
Yes, stuff like that. Pinterest used to be better, and a lot of pictures you could trace back to their origins. now it's a lot of just pictures, I need to teach myself how to build a bar so was looking for a few with step by step or detailed pictures so I could get a base plan down. I did find the facebook post I was looking for so I have a little bit of a place to start.

Love it 😍
Drinks 🍹 tomorrow @kne’s pool 🏖️!
It's still only 70s in the water, so if you like it brisk! I did go in yesterday for about an hour to get under the stairs and give it a good scrub down.
This was 2 trips to the Home Depot and 3 hours labor. Tomorrow some stain or water sealant and good to go!

Attachments

• 20230423_180539.jpg
    20230423_180539.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230423_180517.jpg
    20230423_180517.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 31
INSPIRED!

I have been living with no place to put my drinks for 5 years now. I keep looking around for something easy to build but there wasn't a whole lot of idea that weren't super involved that would fit in my space. I would love to build a deck big enough for a few chairs and a table on the hill here, but I have had higher priority projects around the house. Saw this yesterday and said "I can do that!" Drew out the plans and did it all in about 2.5 hours that evening!

I still need to add finishing touches like sand and stain/clear coat (something to make cleaning off bird poop easier), but I plan to just use it for this 95 degree weekend we have coming up!

My plans for anyone else out there looking to replicate:
Measure from floor to just above railing - mine was 47" for my Legs

Material list:
Frame: 5 - 2 x 4 x 8'
Tabletop: 2 - 1 x 8 x 8'
2" Deck Screws
1 1/2" Deck Screws

Cuts:
-2 x 4s
2 - 24" - Feet
1 - 48" - Cross support
4 - 47" - Legs

2 - 45" - Box length
2 - 12" - Box width
1 - 9" - Box Cross support (measure after box is built)

-1 x 8s
7 - 24" planks

Assembly:
Screw cross support to feet.
Screw Legs to feet on each side of cross support. I put an extra one in the legs to the cross support too.
Build box with short boards on outside of long.
With support on other side, Screw legs to box on the inside to hide extra screws.
Measure Box cross support, cut and screw in.

Put Frame in place next to pool.
Place planks in desired position.
Mark screw holes with straight edge in center of box lengths.
Predrill holes.
Screw in planks.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• PXL_20230602_191344486.jpg
    PXL_20230602_191344486.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20230602_191328774.jpg
    PXL_20230602_191328774.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 27

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.