I am officially at wit's end with the spa draining...

Oct 29, 2016
Henderson
So, I have a 22,327gal pool that I built (with massive help from TFP) 6yrs ago. My CYA level was way too high so I drained the pool and power-washed the Pebble with chlorine in the soap dispenser. Went through 2 gallons. Then I replaced all 5 of the Glowbrights - with Glowbrights (don't judge..)

I filled the pool and added 1 gallon of Conditioner and 4 gallons of chlorine. Tested the water the next day and it was perfect. Just to be sure, I took a water sample to a pool store to test and they confirmed the water is perfect. The pool is up and running, BUT, the spa was draining back into the pool - equalizing level...

So I changed the Pentair check valve with a Pentair rebuilt kit. The spa still drains. I took apart the check valve and wiped inside of where the valve closes and the spa still drains. Ok, so I bought another rebuild kit (pentair brand) and the spa still drains. So then I checked for air leaks in the check valves, no air bubbles around the valves. I decided to replace all of the check valves. I have 3 total check valves on the pool so I replaced all of them. I now have 3 brand new check valves (rebuild kits) and the spa keeps draining. I am looking for some suggestions on what to look for next. Now before you ask, the check valves are tight, no water or air leaks. I used soapy water and sprayed around them looking for bubbles. So the install/replace of the check valves is good (or so I think.) I tightened the collar on the filter and drain plug just to be sure. I checked everything I could without doing surgery...

What I need is for someone to offer a suggestion. I need to look at this problem from a different direction and I am pretty sure I covered all of my bases. The only other thing is to start replacing the 2 way valves. BUT I dont see how they can effect the Spa level. The check valves are what control that. I believe that the issue is with the check valves but I cannot figure out what else to do... YES the check valves are installed correctly - flow direction.

IMG_2569.jpeg

Thanks, Chop.

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    578.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 11