Hurricane irma

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
Hello all. Well hurricane Irma came through and deposited a ton of moss and broken limbs bark etc into the pool. It went from crystal clear to a green black mess. I am still fishing moss iut since power is still iut anyway. My question is... Where do I start? My chlorine probably is non existent eith salt cell not working just been one day but with all the trash in there..it did a number. Should I just boost when and if the power comes back? I'll return the water but it's just not looking good right now.

Will, don't stress your SWG so because it is not meant for that type of a clean up job. A SWG can't produce enough instant FC to fix this issue. Just keep the poor thing off and use liquid chlorine (bleach, or liquid pool shock) to obtain your FC balance because that is what will give you the *ooomph!* of chlorine needed for this task.

Scoop out everything you can and start a SLAM- here are the directions: SLAM Process and here is your reference for how much FC you'll need to maintain in the pool to oxidize all the schmutz in there --> [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Pictures welcome.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.