Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So, after diagnosing a bad (and still under warranty) salt cell, getting it replaced FAST after keeping the pool balanced and sparkling with LC (reputable PB for the win, again!), we are officially in swim season!
The 4 year old's birthday party was on Saturday, with 12 sunscreened people (including 2 in swim diapers plus aforementioned birthday boy) in the pool.

Saturday night it looked a little worse for wear (as did I!)... A little cloudy, missing the sparkle. I waited until Sunday afternoon to test, and... Perfect! Sparkle is back, FC perfect, barely a hint of CCs (understandable) and pH stable at 7.7 (our pool's happy place).

Love my SWG, love knowing that I can maintain our beautiful pool with minimal effort and cost.

THANKS TFP!

full

• Haha
Reactions: Lineman7
So. About those swim diapers. I too fell for the expensive scam diapers for several years. One day, we took our sweet time between getting ready and swimming. While standing with me on the front deck, possibly waiting for the mailman, my little one completely peed the deck. It took seeing the flood with my own eyes to realize that the swim diapers do not absorb water like their traditional counterparts. They do not know the difference between water and pee. With my deck as proof, it made zero difference that she had on a swim diaper.

They are feel good items only that cost several dollars each. Over an hour or two they will get a little waterlogged and make you think they worked, but they did absolutely nothing. In public pools they are a necessary evil as it's a 'rule' and they can't swim without them. At home, save your money. You're in target range and you'll never know. Nor will you know when they are too big for swim diapers and claim they haven't peed in the pool. 😁

So. About those swim diapers. I too fell for the expensive scam diapers for several years. One day, we took our sweet time between getting ready and swimming. While standing with me on the front deck, possibly waiting for the mailman, my little one completely peed the deck. It took seeing the flood with my own eyes to realize that the swim diapers do not absorb water like their traditional counterparts. They do not know the difference between water and pee. With my deck as proof, it made zero difference that she had on a swim diaper.

They are feel good items only that cost several dollars each. Over an hour or two they will get a little waterlogged and make you think they worked, but they did absolutely nothing. In public pools they are a necessary evil as it's a 'rule' and they can't swim without them. At home, save your money. You're in target range and you'll never know. Nor will you know when they are too big for swim diapers and claim they haven't peed in the pool. 😁
I assume that swim diapers are allowing pee in the pool. That's why I mentioned them.😕 We're just hoping to contain other, ahem, items. We have the reusable ones from the kids' swim baby classes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.