human PH

Ok I did some searching and didnt see any other info on this topic.Just a little background owned a pool since 2009 went to salt in 2010 and Love my pool and am just now really starting to understand the chemistry of it all. So off subject of pools im reading about how the human body needs to be at a certain PH and that cancers and other diseases grow in a more acidic environment.Now beings your body is 50-65% water this makes perfect sense. I would have never thought about this if I didnt have a pool. So what do you guys think about this? Can you test your bodies PH with a basic pool ph test kit? I have always heard about drinking Alkaline water and the benefits it has to your body. So I have bought water filters for drinking water. So what are you guys thoughts? If you have any info to add to the subject please feel free, I would like to get as much info as possible from all kinds of different people. I figures the deep end would be the correct spot to post this topic...

Your skin is what is in contact with the water and it has an acidic pH of around 5.5 though with sweat it can get down to 4. The pool pH isn't going to affect your overall body (bodily fluid) pH so should not be a consideration. You should set your pool pH for eye comfort and to protect plaster surfaces and avoid metal corrosion so usually in the 7.2 to 7.8 range.

Wow.....I just finished reading about this subject a few minutes ago and then saw your post. I have really bad arthritis and a friend recommended the book "Seven Pillars of Health" by Dr Don Colbert. Just received the book today and have only read the first chapter, which is all about water and how it is the foundational aspect of health. Looks to be a good informational book. It has answers to your questions.

Can you test your bodies PH with a basic pool ph test kit?
The book suggest getting pH strips from a drug store. They are design to test your bodily fluid. Quote from book - Most people will have a pH test reading of 5.0, which means their bodies are very acidic. It should be between 7.0 to 7.5

I have always heard about drinking Alkaline water and the benefits it has to your body. So I have bought water filters for drinking water. So what are you guys thoughts?
The book suggest using an alkalizing filter.

As I said before, I just began reading about this subject today. And I was amazed to see your post. I'm like you. Now that I am beginning to understand pool chemistry, it makes sense to learn all you can about your body's chemistry. This is my first year owning a pool and it is mainly for water therapy. Just browsing this site has help me so much in keeping a clear pool all summer, besides all the other information. I love TFP!!!

Thanks for the post!

Thanks for everyones replies! I have heard you can test your urine with the same PH kit as you test your pool water with but I havent tried it personally. I know it makes perfect sense though cause everyone on here knows how critical it is to keep a pools PH in the proper range so it must make sense for the human body as well. I have heard if you keep your body ph at around 7.4 that cancer can not grow in this environment. Hmmm.. i will be researching this even more.

optymusblu said:
Thanks for everyones replies! I have heard you can test your urine with the same PH kit as you test your pool water with but I havent tried it personally. I know it makes perfect sense though cause everyone on here knows how critical it is to keep a pools PH in the proper range so it must make sense for the human body as well. I have heard if you keep your body ph at around 7.4 that cancer can not grow in this environment. Hmmm.. i will be researching this even more.

Different parts of your body have differing pH levels. Your stomach acids obviously need to be very low, yet further down the line your gut pH is higher, yet while tears, skin and blood are all something else yet again.
Exactly "which" cancer are you thinking of? Cancer isn't just one thing/disease.

Actually distilled water should not be normally used as your only source of drinking water. Distilled water lacks essential minerals that the body needs.

Lots of conflicting studies on this.
Softened water tastes bad too.

just tested ph of softened well water 7.2 and distilled is 6.6. Ouch

he doesn't drink soda but is a picky eater.
No filters out there that leave minerals apparently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.