HTH Calcium Pods

al27

Sep 11, 2017
TN
I need to increase the calcium hardness in my pool and the only calcium that I can find in my local store is HTH Calcium Pods. According to the information on the container, these water-soluble pods are premeasured into 1 pound quantities and you are supposed to just toss them into the pool, let the pods dissolve, and then brush afterwards. I get a discount at the store that sells these so I need to know if this product is safe to use or if I should go to a pool store and get regular granular calcium instead. I looked at the SDS sheet and it says that it contains 95% calcium chloride, 2-4% water, 1-2% each of sodium chlorine, potassium chloride and magnesium chloride. It sounds like an easy product to use since no measuring is required but I don't want to use it if the additional ingredients could be problematic to the pool in some way.

It’s fine. Basically high quality ice-melt in pod-style packaging. I’m sure it goes for a premium over granular CH increaser...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.