HTC super 3 Pucks contains no copper right?

ShinDiors

Jul 16, 2021
Northern VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Trying to get some pucks in preparation for the incoming week vacation out of state. Was only able to find clorox xtrablue pucks in my local walmart, lowes, hd, Leslies you name it. Then realize it contained copper for algae.

I use LC and Cal-Hypo alternatively for my newly resurfaced (plastered) and newly refilled pool, only plan to use the pucks for vacation. Plan to pay a premium to buy it here: Amazon.com : HTH 42038 Super 3-inch Chlorinating Tablets for Swimming Pools, 15 lbs : Garden & Outdoor

I was able to find the MSDS here https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/35/356b0455-884d-4009-ab6c-9f0241153c49.pdf

Just want to confirm with you experts that it contains no copper (it has zinc though). I understand the CYA it will put in, but I have low CYA now and plan to leave some buffer for the pucks to kick in and bump it up after vacation.

Plus, how many pucks should I put in the floater for a 4-5 days away? Thanks in adavance.

Zinc is better than copper. Surprised you cannot find plain trichlor.

Try putting three tablets in the floater. Doubt they will be fully dissolved.

Zinc is better than copper. Surprised you cannot find plain trichlor.

Try putting three tablets in the floater. Doubt they will be fully dissolved.
I have my pump on 24 7 since they installed new ones last Thursday. And pool company put two tabs in each skimmer basket (two) and they can only last 2-3 days till all gone.

Is it beneficial to leave the pump on 24 7 while away? And I assume that was the reason the pucks went through faster than you described?

I also have two floaters, do i put both in?

The 99% trichlor ones do not have any additives.

Do not put tablets in the skimmer.

One floater is enough. Tie it off so it does not go over a step or ledge that is shallow.

Run your pump as you normally do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.