Howdy, first timer

GIJosh

Feb 9, 2021
Hickory, NC
Hi all, we're finally pulling the trigger on an inground pool this summer, and doing LOTS of research. So far, we're looking at a vinyl liner pool, 18'x36' rectangle. On the fence about depth either 3'-8' or 4'-8'. We've also eliminated using a mineral system like Pool Frog, and will stick with Chlorine. I've read about the BBB method on here, and still trying to learn. We'll go with a cartridge filter, looking at the Hayward C4030 at 425 sq ft. Also, looking to go with a Hayward TriStar VS 1.85 HP pump and a Hayward HeatPro heat pump. We're going to have a slide, etc. We have dogs and definitely want them to swim, so will be just using regular steps, no vinyl wrap. Looking forward to learning as much as I can, and passing that on here.

Hey there Josh :) Welcome to Trouble Free Pools.

In my opinion a pool that large deserves decent depths- go 4' to 8'. Anyone not a swimmer can either hang on the steps or float around with "swimmies" or on a noodle or ring.

If the cost isn't much different upsize that filter to 525' and save yourself some cleaning.

Go with grey or blue stairs as the look soooooo much better with liner pools, IMO.

Make sure you give us a new thread on your construction and such....we love pics!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88