How would you manage a solar cover on this pool?

The solar reel does not have to go on one end or the other. It can be set in the middle of the pool. You create an upward fold in the solar cover for the strap clips. When you roll up the reel, it pulls from both ends. If you align this upward fold with a skimmer, you can use a hose to rinse the cover and use the fold as a dam to direct debris into the skimmer. You can move the reel after rolling up the cover. I used this method with my previous pool and it worked great.

View attachment 504129
I like that.

They seem to be based out of Australia tho. Where did you buy it over here?

When we roll up our solar cover onto the reel, we put a tarp over it during the day. Our last solar cover lasted a lot longer by doing this. They still don't last that long, but we get an extra year or two by covering it. They say it's the sun beating down on it when it's rolled up that causes the breakdown of the plastic.

IMG_0963 a.jpg

Hi ... my cover is 16mil and 4yrs old. The trick to longevity is to keep these things covered-up when rolled up to avoid heating them up in the sun. I use a white tarp 9 mils thick and 18 ft long and x4ftwide to cover it. I'm not sure how you might do this with the dive board or the stair railing .... moving these things once rolled up is a real pain.

Reactions: Newdude
View attachment 504590

Hi ... my cover is 16mil and 4yrs old. The trick to longevity is to keep these things covered-up when rolled up to avoid heating them up in the sun. I use a white tarp 9 mils thick and 18 ft long and x4ftwide to cover it. I'm not sure how you might do this with the dive board or the stair railing .... moving these things once rolled up is a real pain.
What reel is in the picture?

View attachment 504590

What reel is in the picture?

Sorry I forget the manufacture but it is extruded aluminum ... stainless frames on the ends w/rubber/plastic wind-up wheels. Not only do they give one a +temp advantage they keep all the tree and bush Crud outta the pool....nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.