How/Where to store easy set inflatable pool in Minnesota winter?

joetheres

Jun 21, 2022
minnesota
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
This is my first year with a 18x48" intex easy set pool (with inflatable ring). I am not sure how I am supposed to store it for the winter. I plan to bring the pump into my basement so it doesn't freeze. Can I leave the sand filter outside or should that be brought in as well? When I roll up/fold the pool, do I need to put baby powder on it or can I just store it as is? Can the pool be stored in an unheated garage (Minnesota winters= constant below freezing temps and up tp -30F) or does it need to not freeze? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You can leave the filter outside if you wish, just be sure to drain it really well and consider removing the pressure gauge and sight glass (if installed). We have a closing page (link below) that might also help. As for the baby powder trick, I'm not sure that would help or just make a mess. Let's see if others care to chime in with how they store liners. The cold in the garage isn't a big issue, but moisture trapped in the vinyl resulting in algae/mold would be.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You can leave the filter outside if you wish, just be sure to drain it really well and consider removing the pressure gauge and sight glass (if installed). We have a closing page (link below) that might also help. As for the baby powder trick, I'm not sure that would help or just make a mess. Let's see if others care to chime in with how they store liners. The cold in the garage isn't a big issue, but moisture trapped in the vinyl resulting in algae/mold would be.

Thanks for your response! Yes, I did read the above article, however it deals with winterizing a pool (leaving it outside). Mine is an intex easy set with the inflatable ring on the top, so it needs to be taken down. I'm just not sure about the correct way to store it (can the liner freeze, etc). I appreciate your help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.