Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello,

We have had trouble vacuuming all summer. After endless researching, I am coming for help. We have a single skimmer with two holes (pool pump and equalizer). When we vacuum, we can never obtain suction unless we cover the equalizer with something. We have used a Walmart-style plastic sack all summer and placed it over the equalizer and then vacuumed from there. I know there has to be an easier way to do this but we have not found it. I have tried placing a tennis ball over the equalizer port in the skimmer and that has not worked either. We do not have a main drain on our fiberglass pool (in case that is useful information).

Thank you for any help!

Would I just insert this plug in the equalizer line when I begin to vacuum?
That's what I would do. Insert it into the equalizer hole in the skimmer so that all suction is from the hole you have the vacuum hose inserted into.

Hello,

We have had trouble vacuuming all summer. After endless researching, I am coming for help. We have a single skimmer with two holes (pool pump and equalizer). When we vacuum, we can never obtain suction unless we cover the equalizer with something. We have used a Walmart-style plastic sack all summer and placed it over the equalizer and then vacuumed from there. I know there has to be an easier way to do this but we have not found it. I have tried placing a tennis ball over the equalizer port in the skimmer and that has not worked either. We do not have a main drain on our fiberglass pool (in case that is useful information).

Thank you for any help!
Which skimmer do you have? Are you using some vacuum plate? Just put the vacuum hose in the rear hole of the skimmer, the one with the suction and you won't/shouldn't have an issue with the equalizer line.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.