How to use the chlorine tank and pump?

vnn333

May 16, 2019
Houston
Moved from here.
Yes, it's that pump. I paid about $300 for the pump and tank, so the initial install is less, but it actually works out to be about a wash if the long term costs are accounted for.
I bought a house with a pool and the previous owner has these pump installed but I don't think they used it anymore. Tested and verified the pump are still working; I tried to use it but haven't able to find a place to buy liquid chlorine in bulk; it's so inconvenience to buy them in a 1-gallon bottle at HD/Lowes. How do you have your tank refilled? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a "sticky" thread on this in the "Just getting started" area.

You have really three choices: HomeDepot/Lowes in 1 gallon bottles - Questionable about how stored, buy the 3 pack if you need it!

Pinch-A-Penny - You have to buy containers from them, but then you buy the Liquid Chlorine at a reasonable price.

Napco Chemical in Spring - Very Very good pricing, they will sell you a container or bring your own. Limited hours.

Where are you in Houston?

There is a "sticky" thread on this in the "Just getting started" area.

You have really three choices: HomeDepot/Lowes in 1 gallon bottles - Questionable about how stored, buy the 3 pack if you need it!

Pinch-A-Penny - You have to buy containers from them, but then you buy the Liquid Chlorine at a reasonable price.

Napco Chemical in Spring - Very Very good pricing, they will sell you a container or bring your own. Limited hours.

Where are you in Houston?
Thanks for the info. I was used to live in Spring, now moved to Pearland.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.