How to use a bucket filter method (with no pool ladder) for getting iron out?

Personally I prefer filtering out all the iron, then you don't have to worry about it as much. You can either set up a bigger rust filter over the winter, or you can order some sequestrant online and have it for next summer.

One extremely simple way to get a majority of the iron out is to attach rv water filters to your hose as you fill it. You need probably 2-4 for your pool. I think they filter around 500 gallons depending on the size. They can be costly depending on how many you need as they are $20 USD. On a cheaper scale, fill your pool only through the filter using the PolyFil stuffed in it and change as needed. Even wadded up cheese cloth, clothing, or a combo of all will help knock out a majority of it. I have extremely high iron content in my well so it’s something I know a little about. Prefiltering is always the best way. Now that it’s in there, the way your going is fine. When filling from a well, cut your fill time down to hour increments and stop for 6-8 hours. The lower your well drops the more sediment you pick up. It’s aggravating I know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.