How to solve cloudy water after adding multiaction tablets ?

cadena

May 9, 2021
Spain
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi everyone,

These last 2 weeks, it has been really warm and has also rained a lot in my city. Therefore, thewater in my pool became green and began to smell bad. This Thursday 6th May I added 2 multiaction tablets to the basket of the pool motor. The water isn't green and is not smelling bad anymore. After adding the tablets, I left the pool in filter mode for 24 hours and since then I have left it back to automatic but the water is now cloudy (milky white) as you can see in the image attached. I don't know what to do to solve this. Should I add flocculant in case the cloudiness is due to the dead microbes which are still floating ? I would appreciate your help.

Cloudy_Water.jpg

You’ve got algae and it needs chlorine in it pretty quick to prevent it from getting worse. You have a test kit available that can test chlorine levels above 5ppm?

Can you post what ingredients are in the tablets you used?

What type of filter do you have?

What is the daily runtime of your pump?

What test kit do you have to test your water chemistry?

Buenos! Where in Spain are you? Do you have access to liquid chlorine? I start by adding a gallon (4 L) of Liquid Chlorine and a half gallon (2L) every day until we get an idea of what is going on.
1) what exactly did you put in your pool what kind of tablets. Do you still have the package.
2) you need a good test kit, if you don't already have one, so we can discuss your results. I'm not sure what you have available to you in Spain , but check this for starters. We like the Taylor based kits because we know how they operate and we can assist you with your results: Test Kits Compared
3) Can you put the specs of you pool in your signature so we know what kind of equipment and size pool, etc you have and we can better answer your questions.

BTW welcome to the forum!
[Edit] Allen posted just ahead of me with basically the same questions!

Reactions: cadena
Buenos! Where in Spain are you? Do you have access to liquid chlorine? I start by adding a gallon (4 L) of Liquid Chlorine and a half gallon (2L) every day until we get an idea of what is going on.
1) what exactly did you put in your pool what kind of tablets. Do you still have the package.
2) you need a good test kit, if you don't already have one, so we can discuss your results. I'm not sure what you have available to you in Spain , but check this for starters. We like the Taylor based kits because we know how they operate and we can assist you with your results: Test Kits Compared
3) Can you put the specs of you pool in your signature so we know what kind of equipment and size pool, etc you have and we can better answer your questions.

BTW welcome to the forum!
[Edit] Allen posted just ahead of me with basically the same questions!
Hi guys sorry I could not reply earlier but I had many things going on after I posted in the forum and could not reply straight away. I simply regulated pH level to 7.2 and added liquid chlorine until the pool became crystal clear. However, I am having a different issue right now with my multiport valve and will make another post about it. Thank you all very much for your support and I hope I can contribute to this community.

Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.