How to scrub pool when treating for black algae

Robinlbb

Apr 10, 2022
Venice, Florida
Hello,
I am getting ready to attempt the recommended method of killing black algae. It sounds like scrubbing is crucial. My problem is a lot of my black algae spots are in corners and where the steps meet the bottom of the pool. The pool brush does not get these areas, and neither does a chlorine puck. The only way that I know to scrub these is to get in the pool with a small wire brush. Should I do this during treatment or is there another solution? Thank you. Robin

Welcome to the forum.
I would not use a wire brush, but a stiff plastic brush should do. And yes, you may have to get in the pool to do it. Do follow the process in Black Algae

I know this is a little late, but I am also dealing with black algae right now. I’ve been through all the recommended steps on here but the only thing that has worked for me is a pressure washer. My pool is full, I just hop in with it and start blastin’. I’m about halfway through blasting off a giant infestation and have been keeping my chlorine in the higher ranger (between 7-12, my cya is 35)
I plan to replace my cartridge filters as soon as I’ve blasted it all away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.