how to replace Jandy pro LED nicheless

kapauldo

Jun 15, 2016
Buffalo, NY
We have the Jandy nicheless pool lights, I believe the part number is jluc10-100. I rotate the plastic cover, the light comes out about 3", I cannot figure out how to remove it. I don't want to pull too had b/c I don't know if there is a seal back there. Can anyone point me to directions on how to remove and then replace this light / bulb?

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-07-03 17-22-51.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-03 17-22-51.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 30
Those are nichless like my pentair microbrites and go into a 1.5" return. It likely bushes down to a 1" about a foot or so back then to the junction box.
My guess is that your installer was an idiot like my installer and pulled the light and wired it up leaving you no slack.
Have you disconnected the light at the junction box and attached a pull rope or mule tape?

thanks for your reply, i have not done that, but let's assume i were to do that, how do you physically disconnect the light from the wire harness? I ask b/c it looks like it's a hex coupling (the black wire has a black hex shaped male piece that feels like it has knurling on it that seems to be inserted into a hex shaped female slot on the light) but i don't want to just pull it apart, is that how it works? or is there some release mechanism or a screw? I can't see anything with the space i have to work with.

ok so does that conduit just flood with pool water or is there some seal in there i need to worry about? Also, we have one light in the pool and one in the spa, one day, the pool light wouldn't change color, then it stopped working altogether. A few months later, same thing happened to the spa light. Do you think it's more likely that the lights are damaged or that there is something wrong with the transformer? The box is labeled PX100, is this something I can test? If i do have to re-run the light, is it just a question of pulling a fish tape or something out with the light then using that to pull the new light back in? Also, I read that the model of light is no longer in production, is there a transformer compatible light i can replace it with if it is indeed the light? thanks again for your help so far.

ok so does that conduit just flood with pool water
Yup pretty much
is there some seal in there i need to worry about
Not typically - my installer filled the junction box end with a small amount of silicone caulk but I don't beleive that always happens and it was pretty easy to break loose
Also, we have one light in the pool and one in the spa, one day, the pool light wouldn't change color, then it stopped working altogether. A few months later, same thing happened to the spa light.
The led pool lights like these seem to have a VERY short lifespan, typically failing from water intrusion.
something wrong with the transformer? The box is labeled PX100
Unlikely, the transformer solely provides 12v power. The px100 is an intermatic 100 watt , 12-14v transformer . All of the "features" are built into the light itself. If you have a multimeter you can test the output of the transformer. The input wire color connected (yellow 12v/grey 13v/blue 14v) should dictate the output measured on the 2 low voltage wires
If i do have to re-run the light, is it just a question of pulling a fish tape or something out with the light then using that to pull the new light back in?
Yup
is there a transformer compatible light i can replace it with if it is indeed the light
Many nichless options to choose from - most stupid expensive given the lifespan they are giving (I have 5 pentair microbrites in my 1 yr old pool, 2 of which have already had to be replaced)
Since jandy does not authorize online sales, many replace these with the Florida sunseeker nichless 1.5 Inch Nicheless
or the bluesquare spectrum 360 nichless Nicheless LED Pool and Spa Lights | Blue Square Manufacturing

i would up ordering two of these, i spoke to the rep there, he said they were compatible with the jandy i am replacing and also have the face plate that the cover twists onto, i will report success of failure when i am done, thanks again for your help @Ahultin .
Cool, you should be able to leave enough slack such that the light can be pulled onto the pool deck connected (ie don't pull it tight like your installer did to you 😃)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.