How to repair/seal gap all around the pool and cracks on deck.

xsmarc

Jul 30, 2014
Liberty Corner / NJ
Hello all,
Please take a look at the photos I have posted. I need some advice as to what would be the best way to repair (or seal):
1. The cracks in concrete around the skimmer area.
2. The gap that goes all around the pool.

Water is seeping in freezing during winter and pushing the tiles on the pool outward to fall off.

Thanks all for your help.

Marc

Hi all,

Thanks all for replying. I am keep getting the 'exceed your quota' error while trying to post pictures. I have resized my pictures to the smallest ration but still not working. Do I have to delete the old pictures to free up my quota? but don't see any option to delete old pictures in 'manage attachment' section.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

There are two ways to add more pics.

1. Become a supporting member as seen here: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

You get:
Free TFP T-shirt, or their choice of ANY item from the TFP Logo Store
$30 off any item at TFTestkits.net
$25 off any $100 purchase at INYOPools.com
​15% discount off all Maytronics replacement parts Or 10% off $50 purchase (Maytronic Cleaners Excluded) at Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio
Access to the V.I.P. Members Only Forums
Special TFP Gold Supporter Plaque placed under your user-name inside the forum letting others know that you are a Gold Supporter!
Increased attachment space (20mb) - non supporter is 256 kb
Donations are tax deductible

We get to feed the server...........it gets mighty hungry! LOL

2.Try a 3rd party hosting site (NOT photo bucket as they have started charging $399)

Kim:kim:

Hi Kim and other friends,

I checked photo bucket and turned they do still have a basic type of free account. So I signed up and uploaded 3 pictures. Here are all the links:

Please let me know if you are able to see the photos.

Thanks
Marc

Hello Marc—we had our tiles and coping replaced last year and the contractor filled all the expansion joints with a grey rubbery cement or grout. I don’t remember what it is called but important that it can expand and contract with the concrete. Maybe someone reading can help. We have some regular cracking due to settling I guess and this is what I wanted to know about how to fix. Good luck!

df614fa624a288ee73fd63044a264d87.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can see the pics now! Now to find what to put in the gaps.......HiddenRiver could you call who did the work and ask them the name of that stuff? I will keep poking around to see if I can find a name but don't have much hope I will find it :(

HiddenRiver, do you remember if any rubber or foam type material was also inserted in the ap between the coping and deck prior to putting in Sikaflex. I was reading an article on the topic which says such material should be used alongside sealing product.
Thx.

HiddenRiver, do you remember if any rubber or foam type material was also inserted in the ap between the coping and deck prior to putting in Sikaflex. I was reading an article on the topic which says such material should be used alongside sealing product.
Thx.

My husband says he has heard of this foam “backer rod” that gets pushed in/pushed down into the gap to create a less expensive way of filling the crack than with all of the flexible/rubberized material. He said he did not see whether the tile guy put this foam material in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.