How to repair automatic safety cover

Dec 3, 2017
Surrey
Hi guys,

So we had a storm and a branch fell and punctured our automatic safety cover, I got a patch kit to place on the cover. My question is, if the rip is bigger than the patch can I use multiple strips to repair? the hole is about 10" long by 7" wide, punctured in a "t" shape. Can you use two long strips that over lap in the middle with adhesive to seal the cover?

Thanks!

A better and easier way would be to get some of the original vinyl from either the manufacturer or your cover maintenance company if you have one. Then you can cut a single big patch. My cover installer/maintainer always gives me some extra vinyl and a tube of the cement for free when they service my cover if they have it and I ask for it (which I always do).

I have never had to try that, so I can't speak from experience. I think it will work if you do it in stages. Let the bottom patches dry, then put the overlapping piece on top. Be generous with both the patching material and the glue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.