How to remove a fitting from pool steps and seal off the hole and make it look NICE

Sep 18, 2018
Northport, NY
This is an adjunct to a previous thread. I have attached a picture of pool return and aeration jets on my black pool steps I have decided to eliminate them. I will set the current diverter up so that no water is sent their way. Then I will remove the return jets and aerator fittings from the steps. I want to the plug the holes so they look nice and that they remain water tight for when the pool is full. Once I remove the fittings, I suspect that there should be a fitting that can be placed on the steps to seal off those holes without looking too ugly. Is anyone aware of a method or fitting that can be used?
Thanks
Ray

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 60
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi- I’m not the person who was pinged, but I was looking At your post the other day. I looked for ABS bulkhead fittings. ABS is black, and a threaded bulkhead fitting would allow a plug to be used. Everything I found was related to aquarium and fish habitats.
Something like this and this. I wonder if a pool company can recommend something to fit in return or maybe swap out for a black return and plug

Just thinking out loud.
8f3d091a364df4de6812e2eafc19e2ae.png

dc46a357bea00ea193ee53a49d9820bf.png

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Aquarite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED, Dolphin M400 robot, TF-100/K-1766

I’m not sure that’s the right answer, but maybe at least a direction to search..

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Aquarite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED, Dolphin M400 robot, TF-100/K-1766

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.